Indoor Tanning
I have started Indoor Tanning for pain control for severe fibromyalgia and let me tell you all IT WORKS!!!
I am on tons of meds, exercise etc. etc. but still have severe pain. The effects of the deep over all heat from the tanning lights last throughout most of day. It is wonderful. I know people say tanning is bad...but when you suffer every day w/ no relief the benefits outweigh the risks. I do 3x a week for 10-20 minutes. I am 58 years old.
Just thought I would share this treatment if it can help anyone else.

Hey Destinyjb.

I am glad this is working for you. The pain relieving benefits of Thermotherapy are well established.

However, you could be inviting some strong criticism, should some members care to post, as you must be familiar with the potential dangers of using tanning beds.

My advice would be for younger people to completely avoid this, as they're
are the most vulnerable.
There's legislation being  drafted here in Ontario, to make the use
of tanning beds Illegal for people 18 years old and younger.
It is already illegal in Quebec and in  California.

As for the rest, I guess, use at your own risk.

What other safer methods have you used, that did not work for you,
before trying the tanning beds?

Have you heard of FIR (far infrared) Heat Therapy? There are no damaging effects compared to tanning beds, and great pain relief potential.
And probably a lot cheaper if you were to buy you own Infrared Heat pads.
Just do a search.
Hands up, a safer and better option, to my opinion.
Take care.
Niko

Hi I am glad you are feeling better however I just head that tanning beds increase your chance of cancer many times over.  Perhaps what the previous poster wrote might help you more
Best to you
Dee
Thats amazing as instinctively when I am feeling bad with fibro i find myself finding a sunny corner in the garden and soaking up the rays.  Also heat bags have been a great source of comfort on the really bad areas of my body.