Fibromyalgia Community
Inflammation, Fibro & Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Inflammation, Fibro & Pain

my crp is moderately elevated: 1.8; Sed rate moderately elevated: 27  The newest abnormal tests are elevated CH50: >60 and elevated C3C: 182; High-Normal results: MCV: 98; MCH: 32.7; Lymphocytes: 39.7

I was diagnosed with Fibro a few years ago.  Last year I was diagnosed with reynauds phenomenom.  I am in constant pain all over.  My legs are tingly, the joints, especially in my hands hurt and are red but there is no fluid, I suffer from chronic sinusitis, chest pain (had a heart cath 4 years ago and it was normal), I hobble when I walk (left big toe joint pain) and overall foot pain.  Doctors don't think Lupus, RA or any other autoimmune.

My issue is from what I understand fibro and elevated inflammation blood work doesn't fit.  So what is causing the inflammation?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
There are lots of diagnoses that cause inflammation.  You will need to continue to follow up with your doc until they can pinpoint what is causing the problem.  Generally, fibro doesn't cause an elevation in bloodwork, so there is most likely another cause. Did they check a Lyme titre with your blood work?

Best wishes finding a diagnosis, and hopefully, a cure!
Blank
Thanks for the feedback.  

Yes they did test for Lyme several times, but it always came back negative.  They checked my ANA's also normal.  

I am wondering if I should see an immunologist.
Blank
All of those elevated levels could be related to the swelling in your big toe or your sinusitis, or not.  It is possible that the elevated blood work is related to a recent injury or a bacterial infection. All of the elevated levels you have listed can be related to a single, simple infection. It may not be something serious. :) I would consider a trip to immunology if this is a chronic ongoing thing.
Best of luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank