Fibromyalgia Community
Is Fibromyalgia incurable? Does it ruin your life??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Does Fibromyalgia ruin your life? Is it uncurable?
Theres a very good chance i have Fibromyalgia! Even my doctor has said it and i have had tests for most othere things (from blood tests to seeing a neurologist) and nothing else seems to be wrong with me. Iv been in constant pain for 3 years now and it just get's worse! I can't study, hold down a job, I don't often have fun, and im really depressed and resentful to the world. Before all this i was passionate, creative, sociable, and so full of life. I always held on to the hope that this problem will go away, and when it did i would be a lot stronger person, appreciating life more when all the pain went away. But now it may never will...i may be in pain forever. But isit really true? Does it never go away? Is it always this unbearable? Will i never be happy? If this is the case i don't see the point in living anymore. Im in total physical and emotional agony.
Hey Bee_143.
Sorry to hear about all your suffering! I'll do my best to give you a helping hand here.
Could you  invest about  100 hours- if possible- to research the following:
1. JNK gene activation and it's connection to FMS,CFS,Bi-Polar,M.S. etc.
Activation factors and methods to counter the activation. **
2. GSH/Glutathione and it's role in controlling JNK gene activation. **
3. Mycoplasmas/ Stealth Pathogens as factors or co-factors in Neuro-degenerative
and Autoimmune disease, testing and treatment protocols. ****
4. A.G.E.s  (Advanced Glycation End Products) and TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor).*
5. LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) as a treatment option for M.S, FMS,CFS etc. ***
6. Lyme disease/ILADS ***
7. See related posts by myself and ewford. Click on member's name and on the left side
of the box that opens and directly below the member's profile will find all the posts.
Click on the pertinent ones to you.
8. Any other possible cause, treatment, etc. that you may come across that could be useful.

Do not lose faith in your body's ability to heal itself. Healing is possible!
Just take your time to do proper research. There are many efficient solutions.
Empowering yourself with knowledge and becoming proactive with your own Health,
will give you a great advantage in dealing effectively with your condition.
My suggestion would be is to create a comprehensive report on the above subjects.
Use a  program like Word and organize all the relative information in files and folders.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to post again, or simply to give updates.
Hopefully you will find the answers you are looking for. You are young and you deserve to
resume your normal life (like it was before this all started!).
Blessings
Nikodicreta
see my posts on the CFS/ Fibro page.
Is there a quick way to find your post?
Hey Bee_143.
6. Lyme disease/ILADS ***
Click on the pertinent ones to you.

Blessings
Nikodicreta
Thanks i will do the research. However, i am really cut up, and feel that there is no hope for the future. This has already ruined my life now for so long. I've been to college three time but had to quit from the pain of trying to concentrate, i can't learn to drive, i can't hold down a job...hell i can't even stare at my light bulb without getting frustrated from the visual problems i experience!! I just need some hope to carry on :(
I've looked at the research and i just don't understand it. There are a lot of abbreviations, and i don't understand a what any of it means. I just searched your suggestions in google. Um...is there an easier way? I'm know scientist.
I would have to say it doesn't ruin your life.  Can you heal it, how knows? But you can treat it.  You first need to go to a Rhuematologist who specializes in Fibro and get the diagnosis.  There is no test for it.  It is based on symptoms and we all have different symptoms.  There are very good medicines that can make your life good again.  You have to pull yourself up and not let it control you.  It is the hardest part to suffer without a known reason.  It was for me.  I was not in a good place.   I feel pain worse on some days and better on others, I have weeks that seem pain free comparatively, and weeks that it ***** everyday.  I find working out with bands or weights helps.  I didn't do that for about 2 years while I was in the scared phase that it would hurt worse.  Get out, go for a walk just do not sit there.  I hope you get the diagnosis soon of whatever it  may be.