Fibromyalgia Community
Is having a hysterectomy related to fibromyalgia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I recently spoke with a representative from the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center and she said to me that in all her seven years of taking calls for this center  a lot of women seemed to get fibromyalgia because of having a hysterectomy.  There seems to be some sort of connection here according to her.  I can only go by my experience and that is true for me, however I have 3 daughters and 2 out of 3 has already experienced troubles with the reproductive system.  How much of this is genetically based as well cause my mother suffers continually from body aches and get sick often, feels well when put on antibiotics.  My mother also has high bloodpressure not well controlled by 3 different medications.  Could all her problems be fibromyalgia as well and simply not diagnosed.  Anyone have any insight on these that might shed some light.  I know it's bacteria based, however doctors will only treat the symptoms convetionally with their medical guidelines.  That's why we're on this website looking to get help.