Is my twitching thumb a tremor?
Recently I started to notice that when I bent my left thumb or applied any pressure it started to twitch. I don't know what a tremor is supposed to feel like but I do know it could be the sign of something serious. I am concerned as I don't know if it is a tremor or not or if it is anything to be worried about. Even as I'm typing now it is twitching.
Hi there!
Muscle twitches are minor and often go unnoticed. The causes of thumb twitching are Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. It can also be caused by genetic compositions or can be the beginning of some types of epilepsy or Parkinsonism. Other common causes are Diet deficiency, drug overdose, benign twitches or side effects of any Drug. You need to seek professional help. Consult a neurologist. You may need tests like urine tests, blood sugar level tests, nerve conduction tests etc.Do write to us again. Hope it helps.
Best wishes!