Fibromyalgia Community
Is my weight the reason my I have chronic pain all over my body?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I think my primary doctor misdiagnosed my condition? in 2002 i started complaining about chronic pain all over my body and specially around my pelvic area they gave me an x ray and stated i had spondylosis gave me medications such as lyrica cymbalta and mobic and associated my depression,anxiety,sleeplessness and fatigue, stiffness and pain all over my body due to the spondylosis and arthritis I was even told i was over weight and needed to loose weight. I told him my legs and hands are numb im stiff in the morning i have constant headaches i'm tired all the time im in so much pain i can't even let my 6 year give me a hug but it seems to go from one ear out the other. I applied for disability cause i can't work like this was denied by the judge cause I guess when I took the exam i failed the test although i kept telling the doctor I can do it but it hurts i was in tears even the judge stated that my condition is because of my weight I am only 20 pounds over my height.
they dont care the drs they blame everything on your weight , i have all that have chronic pain 24-7 and when my other half trys to give me a hug iam going ahhh all the time he is scared 2 even hold my hand as iam so sore , and its everyday im sure he is sick listening to me iam 300mg of lyrica and they make my head so light and i told my dr that , and he hjust said to m well if your in bed with the pain it dosnt matter if your head is light your not going to fall over if your in bed .
I watched a documentary of the biggest man in the world and he wasn't in any notable pain or any medications for pain. I had pain for over 10 years and in the last few years felt like an old woman. My problem was hypothyroidism (pain on my neck and hips for 10 years) and severe magnesium deficiency (overall muscle pain) and severe vitamin D deficiency (bone pain in my hands) I had to diagnose all three conditions myself mind you!  The pain has improved dramatically since treating my conditions. I stopped thyroid medication for a few days and arg..even my toes started to hurt!
Is your digestion slow at all?  I used to have pain, but I had malabsoption from Celiac disease, so I had vitamin deficiencies and anemia.  I take many supplements to make my digestion work, plus can't eat gluten, dairy, or nuts, but I am pain-free.  You could have malabsorption for some reason or just a bad diet that is causing vitamin and mineral deficiency.  I also take supplements to improve circulation.  I am free of pain, but the supplements are not cheap.  No insurance here, either.  
went to doctor yesterday after spine scan and x ray's and after diagnsising me with fibromyalgia they also diagnosised me with 3 other problems spina bifida,scoliosis,and spondylolisthesis that is severely pinching my nerves that might be causing my legs to be numb and sleep..I'm in so much pain that i don't even know where to get my strenght from have an appointment with the neurologist in January for possible surgery which I am not to happy about.. took my first dosage of lyrica,cymbalta,mobic did not help but made me drowzy took a 2 hour nap woke up in pain cramping..as if having fibro was'nt enough..gees...
Hi...I was reading your post on here.  Do you mind telling me how long it took you to be diagnosed with hypothyroid?  I think I have this but my initial tests came back normal so I'm just curious about your story. Thanks!
I'm not your typical case (i hope i'm not!). I've had hypothyroid symptoms for over 24 years with labs in good range.  There looks to be some problem at a cellular level which does not affect labwork.  I also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (this is an autoimmune disease and the most common cause of hypothyroidism in the western world) which i diagnosed a few years back.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis finally changed my lab work in the last few years and this year my TSH rose to 6mU/L showing subclinical (mild to no symptoms) hypothyroidism...on paper at least. I developed severe bradypnea down to 6 breaths a minute and nearly went to hospital to be put on oxygen so my symptoms are anything but mild!

I have been on T4 only medication for 10 months and gave it a good trial. Unfortunately it only works to some degree. Some symptoms have improved like the pain and the bradypnea (still not normal but up to 10 breaths a minute) but i have too many symptoms still.  I am going to try natural desiccated thyroid (contains both T4 and T3) so hopefully this will work better than T4 only.
I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing struggle.  So I guess it is very possible my results are not showing the whole story.  It's so hard to get answers for me.  Everything comes back "normal" but I don't feel normal at all. Very far from it.  Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great holiday season!