Fibromyalgia Community
Is something crawling on me????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Is something crawling on me????

This question pertains to Fibrmyalgia. I often feel as if something is crawling on me. Usually on my neck or on one of my legs but there is never anything there? Does anyone else experience this? Is this just another wonderful symptom of Fibromyalgia or could it be something else that I should add to my ever growing list of concerns?
Thanks...
Yes, this is common.  Could be restless leg syndrome which often goes along with fibro.
yup, from what I can tell, that goes in the fibro symptoms category.  

like the feeling of something brushing down your leg or arm?  I had that too but it has subsided since starting Lyrica.
While Lyrica may sound good and may even make you feel a little better to start with, PLEASE be very suspect and careful with it.  I am part of the Lyrica Survivors group on Facebook.  There is a class-action lawsuit in development with this due to all of the horrors we have face as a result of Lyrica.  I would advise you to check out the Facebook page if you are on or considering taking Lyrica.  You may not link symptoms you are having (like vision or dental problems) to the Lyrica but, if you check out this page, you will see that those are just some of the many problems we have had with this drug.
I don't take Lyrica, but I have the same 'something is crawling on my' feeling.

Quite often I feel it on my neck or my feet/legs.... Drives me nuts! LOL

I take Savella for my Fibro symptoms.
Wow Lyrics scary drug, I have Fibromialgia (fibromyalgia) pretty bad I was ran over by a drunk driver in front of my house so due to to injury and 36 surgerys my Fibro stinks.   But with Lyrica please be aware of your body and allergies with Lyrica, I almost died!  I had been on Lyrica for 4-5 days I knew something was wrong I didn't feel right.  I was to tired to get up and just wanted to sleep,  I continued to tell my Daughter I would go to the hospital in an hour then two and so on but I was to tired to make the trip.  I had no one else to drive me my Daughter was to young to drive.   Finally I managed to pull myself up and drive myself to the ER, when I got there I was informed I would have died in my sleep that night if I didn't come in.  Due to the allergic reaction and conflict of medication with Lyrica it depleted all my potassium and my heart was close to completely stopping.  Fibromialgia (fibromyalgia) makes you tired, meds can make you tired, thank god I knew something was different about this tiredness.  Beware of Lyrica!
I get the same sensations, laying down, sitting up, it doesn't matter what I'm doing it'll feel like something is crawling on me. From what I gather from other fibromyalgia communities I watch it is actually a pretty common tactile sensation for those of us with fibromyalgia so you are far from alone when it comes to that experience.

Funny as it may sound I've found that leggings help lessen the frequency of that I-know-that-crawling-jerk-is-on-me-somewhere issue. I don't know why it works but here I am, a dude who's been known to put on leggings before I go to sleep because it stops the bug on my skin feeling!
I get this feeling all the time (there is an actual name for it though I cannot remember it right now)! I have had fibromyalgia all my life (but only got diagnosed at 18 - during my youngers years everyone kept brushing it off as 'growing pains')... I get the sensation that something is crawling on my skin all the time and will sometimes look crazy as I occasionally freak out and start smacking/aggressively brushing the area to knock off whatever I thought was on me. I had no idea it was a common symptom to experience when you have fibromylagia (fibromyalgia) until seeing this post. I just assumed I was super paranoid about bugs.... even when I am not thinking about them. :P

I know this crawling feeling can also be a symptom of some medications, as well.