Fibromyalgia Community
Is stiffness a symptom?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Is stiffness a symptom?

For twenty-something years, I have had occasional stiffness in the back of my neck and occasional stiffness and pain between the back of my neck and right shoulder. Sometimes the stiffness and pain went down my back and lasted for a day or two, so bad I could hardly move. Is this fibromyalgia or something else?
FMS does cause stiffness especially in the AM or after staying in a position too long. It can also be arthritis, slumping, back mattress' or chairs, holding your stress in those areas, etc...  Google the symptom then follow what best matches your symptoms.  Have you ever tried yoga for FMS?  Mayo Clinic has a site for yoga for different illness' that is great.  I just started a DVD that I ordered and can only do 1 pose so far but have had benefits from it.