Fibromyalgia Community
Is there help for severe body itch?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Is there help for severe body itch?

I have an issue with itching all over my body for many years. At first it was seasonal, only in winter months.Now, it is severe and every day. Prednisone works, however, I have to be on high doses and there are other serious side effects. With time, the nature of my itch has changed. It is not pure itch now. I feel a  prickly pain under the itch. I also have idiopathic neuropathy and a bladder disease, interstitial cystitis, which is thought to be auto immune and, or allergy.  I have tried all the home remedies and have been on Atarax for the past week. So far, it is not working.  My dermatologist wants to try UV ultra light, but I feel it is too much like prednisone.  I would prefer homeopathic treatments that are not invasive and trade one problem for another.
This is a common issue with fibromyalgia.  When I started on Lyrica it went right away.  If you do decide to try Lyrica be aware you will feel very sedated for the first couple of weeks but that goes away.  Insist on starting on the lowest dosage possible and gradually increasing.  Good luck!
Sorry for the delay in answering.  I tried Lyrica.  It did not work for me and I could not tolerate the side effects.  I do appreciate your kindness in trying to help me.  
               Zoospouse