Fibromyalgia Community
Is this the right treatment?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Is this the right treatment?

I am just double checking.  

I have been diagosed with Fibromyalgia and am now going to Phisical and Ocupational Therapy.  I have all of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia plus a muscle twitch/spasm problom.  My OT said that it is caused by the tightening of blood vesels in responce to the pain. Is this right?  

Being 16 and not being able to actualy have a life is frustrating, so I want to do all I can to make sure that I am not wasting my time on something that might not be right.
yes - quality of life takes a big dive. sorry to know that you're so young.
if the pt and ot is gentle and focused more on stretching for maintaining range of movement and flexibility - this will be good.
if it's focused on straining, stressing, huff and puff, lifting weights - then no! our muscles are inflamed and respond badly to overtraining - which in our case is when we do not very much at all compared to before.
if you can cut back on coffee, smoking, maybe wheat and gluten products, dairy, see if this helps. (not presuming you are doing all or any of these, but they're everywhere and difficult to avoid!)
Thank you so much!