It's it really fibromyalgia?
Hi, I'm a nineteen year old girl. I've been experiencing pain all over for quite a while now. When I say all over, I really mean all over! Every day a different area hurts, like stabbing pain or pressure, with only a few areas that hurt every day without fail.
Recently I've been experiencing a loss of appetite. When I think of food, it's nauseating. When I'm actually hungry, I become nauseated after the first bite or two. Sometimes I have to force myself to finish eating a meal (if cereal really counts as a meal...).
To make it worse, after I eat ANYTHING I swear I can feel it move through me, and it hurts! It starts with chest pain, then lateral chest pain, then stomach pain, then just overall abdominal pain.
What I want to know is if this is a common symptom of fibromyalgia. Because I'm so sensitive to mild stimuli, I can't tell if my body is just overreacting to a mild eating problem or if this is a serious problem.
Every day I have a harder and harder time getting myself to eat. I find myself inquiring about dinner and not actually wanting to eat it. I only eat because I know I need to, but I feel unhealthy eating anything at all.
Please help. I would prefer it if you didn't just share your pains with no intent of helping me out. What is your fibromyalgia like? Does it make it hard to eat? And are you sensitive like I am?
Hi Hurtingall_over_and_sick_of_this.

I'm sorry you're going through all this suffering.
Fibromyalgia is a multi-symptom syndrome and not a specific medical
condition.
The presentation is as wide as ones imagination and no 2 cases are identical.

Dr. Lowe from the Fibromyalgia Research Foundation supports the premise that most fibromyalgia patients are either hypothyroid or thyroid hormone resistant.

To rule this in or out you must forgo the standard serum thyroid testing (TSH, T3&T4) which only indicate... serum levels
and ask for Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3  to test for accurate thyroid
cellular FUNCTION! These may not have an insurance code, so you may have to pay out of pocket, but it is vital to have this done properly.
It could potentially save you from many years of unnecessary suffering!

Also have your vitamin D levels checked!
Should you have vitamin D resistance, you would need higher levels, than normal, in order to function better.
High cortisol, low cortisol, low cholesterol, obesity, VDR gene mutations are some of the main causes.

If you need more details let me know.

Best wishes,
Niko
It's very possible that you have a condition a friend of mine has called SMA Syndrome. It's where the 3rd part of the duodenum is compressed between the abdominal aorta and the overlying Superior Messenteric Artery. It's a very rare condition and should be checked out by a Vascular Surgeon as it can potentially be a serious condition. You also mentioned Fibromyalgia. It's my understanding that the symptoms of Fibro can be caused by a condition called Nutcracker Syndrome (Left renal vein compression). SMA Syndrome also occurs as part of the Nutcracker Syndome so it's possible you have both of these occurring together. Here are some of the symptoms of SMA Syndrome:

Early Satiety
Nausea
Vomiting
Feeling of food passing
Extreme "Stabbing" Abdominal Pain
"Food Fear"
Weight loss
Reflux
Heartburn
I will send you a private message with more info. My friend has a blog that discusses her condition. It took doctors almost 20 years to figure out her condition! Hope this helps!