Jaw pain
Can jaw pain and constant sore throat be a symptom of Fibromyalgia / CFS.
I was diagnosed with CFS a few years ago and had glandular fever when I was 19 (am 48 now) but have had bouts of feeling flu like and general fatigue over the years.  I have had a consistant sore throat, bit of ear pain, swollen glands and jaw ache, plus sharp pain in jaw when trying to eat, for over a month now. Dr gave me antibiotics but it hasn't helped.  Has anyone else experienced this please?
Hi Darcy - I have fibro also  (diagnosed about 6 years ago).  What lead me to the firbro dr. was chronic jaw pain - TMJ.  My doc's theory is that my body is in pain, therefore I clench and grind my teeth.  I have tried mouth pieces, but keep biting through them.  

Unfortunately, I am caught in a vicous circle... I can't stop clenching and my body hurts.  I take it one day at a time... use hot wash cloths on my face to help reduce muscle tension - that helps a lot!

I feel your pain......
~ Kathy
I get problems with a stiff jaw/swollen glands when I have particularly bad bouts. By bouts I mean worse than my normal chronic pain. I think Kathy made a very good point about being in pain and clenching the jaw. I use Icy Hot on my neck where it meets the jawline, that seems to help me the most.If you can tolerate the smell it helps.
Yes, I've had pain in and around the jaw since I've had this disease. My jaw cracks and pops when I chew or clench. Sometimes there's severe pain that runs up and down the edge of my lower jaw. Sometimes this is associated with extreme soreness around the tongue and gums.
Thank you so much for your replies.  My GP has asked to see me again but I doubt there's much they can do.  I'm trying to rest as much as possible and wonder if this has come about from the stress of a new job 6 weeks ago.  Thanks again.
Darcy.
I definitely get the sore throats and jaw pain.  Lyrica made a huge difference in it.  I have reduced my dosage and it does come back periodically.  I also use NSAID's, massage therapy and meditation to help.