Fibromyalgia Community
Leg pains/RLS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Leg pains/RLS

My fibro/cfs became debilitating two years ago with horrible leg pain and cramps, ankle pain and severe rls. Well last week it all came back! I am taking many supplements and I take ultram for the rls but nothing is working. I have only been able to sleep a few hours a night and I am very tired. Is this all part of fibro and what can I do to help it?
I have FMS  & RLS too, over 7 years now.  I think that it is my legs that drive me the most crazy and cause the 3rd most disibility for me anyway.  Have you tried a good magnesium suppliment, it eases muscles.  A bath with ebson salts before bed with hot decaf tea also helps most people.  A regular excercise program even if it's just a 10 min. walk midday is good too.  start with 3 min. a day for a week and work your way up, weekly.  or divide your walk time between the am and the early afternoon.  Too close to bedtime would cause worse RLS.  There are some good meds out there for the RLS but some of what you are feeling is just the Fibro unless you have low back problems.  Knowledge is power, search until you get help..  Best Wishes
Thank you, so much ! I have been having terrible cramps, and pains in my legs and ankles, and even feet for several days. And a friend of mine who suffers from RLS said it sounded a lot like what she goes through.

But, I never made the connection between RLS and CFS/Fibro, which I've had for 4 years.

Thank you for your advice !