Looking for help
This is a long post, so I apologize in advance for how long it is. I have spent the last year bouncing from one doctor to another.  I've had just about every test imaginable done to me, including MRI's, ultrasounds and a whole series of blood work.  The only thing that has come back are herniated disks in the lumbar spine.  I went through physical therapy, which didn't help much.  The most help I have gotten was through my chiropractor, who explained that I have actual weakness in my muscles, but it is all over, not just my legs.  My arms, legs, fingers, shoulders, back and face.  

I've had an eyelid twitch for almost a year.  I have awful fatigue, like can't even get out of bed fatigue.  I'm so tired, but I go to bed and end up being awake a good part of the night.  My muscles hurt so bad, some days I just want to cry.  And I get so embarrassed, because its so hard remembering peoples names, places, etc. nowadays. Its as if my brain doesn't want to work anymore.  Exercise has been out of the question, as I tried Zumba and I was in so much pain, I ended up off work for almost a week.  Bad weather makes me cringe, since my roughest days are usually when its really cold or rainy.  The chiropractor said I have certain 'trigger' spots that he touches and it hurts BAD.  He's the one who suggested fibromyalgia.  He said the places on my hips, neck, chest, low back and between my shoulder blades that hurt so bad when he presses on them, and especially the spots on my way lowback that seize up are classic trigger spots for Fibromyalgia.  I suggested it to my doctor and he sluffed it off, acting as if I was making it up.  I suffer from an awful dry mouth also.  I've had parotitis on two occasions, and I can usually feel when it begins to flair up, so I suck on lemons to avoid an infection.  Not very tasty, but usually effective.  The ultrasound for that was clear, except for two swollen lymph nodes, which the ENT was not concerned about.

My most recent problem is the muscle cramping.  I have muscle cramping that starts at my low skull and goes through mid back on my whole left side that causes awful muscle twitching.  I asked my doctor about a possible neurological problem, and he said if it were a serious problem like ALS, I'd be in very bad shape after a year of this, like wheelchair bound or no speech.  I feel like I slur periodically, but that comes and goes.  The doctor attributes that to the dry mouth.

So my question....does this sound anything like Fibromyalgia, as the chiropractor was thinking?  Thanks for any insight.
Is it possible for you to go to a Neuro who specialises in CFS/Fibro?  This must be driving you mad. You are feeling ill and you deserve to be diagnosed with respect. Go back to your doc and be assertive. All the stuff you've mentioned could be the above but, as a lay person, I can't tell you. I have many of the same symptoms but would hate to diagnose your condition. You need a specialist doc and a firm, assertive attitude in order to get there. If you feel too rubbish to be strong, take someone with you who wont be fobbed off. Good Luck to you, Hope you feel better very soon.