Lower left rib pain in one spot. I'm confused. Not sure what to do anymore.
I have no idea if this is the right forum.

My mom mentioned fibromyalgia. On the bottom of my ribs in one area about the size of a silver dollar I have this pain on my ribs.  Now I have to admit that I do rub it and I know that's not helping. below it on the skin is like a bruise that just keeps lingering, I guess from all the rubbing I do.

I've had x rays, CT scans, MRIs, I do have diverticulosis and I have had a endoscopy (negative) and a colonoscopy ( found 2 benign polyps.)

If I don't eat Activia everyday then I'm toast.

My regular doctor says that it has something to do with the joints in between my ribs, etc.. But it just won't go away. Some days it's bad. Some days not so bad.

My mom mentioned fibromyalgia, but I have no idea what it is.

All I know is it is in just one spot right at the bottom of my ribs, almost dirctly below my breast.

I had my gall bladder removed in January. I did fall one the side that hurts right before the surgery, but the Doc says that has nothing to do with it.

I'm just tired of hurting.

Any ideas? I'm at the point now where I'm being told it's all in my head and it's not.

it could be costochondritis,i had it on my right side and now it is on my left side,i used ice pack and a heating pad.just look it up. hope you feel better soon, it sure hurts
Would that be in the lower rib area?

Most people I see say it's in their chest.

Mines not anywhere near my chest.

It's very bottom of rib, left mid side, just above the abdomen.

All my internals check out fine. X Ray on ribs was negative.

I had a MRI last year on my upper and lower abs and nothing showed up (They were focusing on my back, but everything would have showed up)

I'm just really confused as to why this won't go away.

He gave me this Voltarin Gel to use, but it does nothing.