Fibromyalgia Community
Lymph Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Lymph Nodes

I had a swollen lymph node in my neck 2 weeks ago; I asked my doctor about it and she told me to take Cefuroxime for 7 days then it disappeared, but after that I felt something in my groin, there was a swollen lymph node too, I went back to my doctor and he told me to take Co-Amoxiclav. Today is my last day of taking the medicine, but the enlargement of the node just decrease in size but it still there. Then yesterday, I felt a swollen knots in my outer thighs and inner legs, what might that be? Help me please.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Inguinal (groin) lymph nodes can be enlarged in infections of the draining areas namely the legs and buttocks. They can also be enlarged in sexually transmitted diseases like lymphogranulomavenereum and granuloma inguinale. Since with antibiotics the lymph node size is not decreasing, you may need to re consult your doctor. Either the antibiotic is not working, then the source of infection may need to be identified and a new antibiotic may be started or other causes for enlarged nodes namely tumors or inflammations need to be considered. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.