Fibromyalgia Community
Lyrica and edema

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Lyrica and edema

I am taking 300 mg of Lyrica a day.  I am having heavy swelling in my hands, feet and ankles and doctor put me on Lasix.  It is helping a bit but still uncomfortable and pain.  I've put a lot of weight on and am also having bad memory problems (can't find my words) and blurry vision.  Is there anything that can be done that doesn't require me to get off of Lyrica?  it really helps my pain.  If I have to get off of it what is the best way to do so?
I am on 200mg lyrica a day.  I just started a few weeks ago.  I have noticed some improvement with my pain levels, and also the general feeling like my body is stuck underwater kind of fatigue.  But the "drunk" feeling and not being able to think of words drive me batty too!

How long have you been on the dose you are at?

Sorry I don't have any advice for your question, but I wanted to let you know I feel the same way about the lyrica you do.  I am hoping the side effects will calm down after I have been on it for awhile.  Who knows tho  :)

I hope someone has an answer for us  :)
I've been on Lyrica for about 4 months now. I no longer have the sedated or drunk feeling but the finding words issue continues.  The swelling has increased the longer I've been on it.  I see my rheumatologist in a couple of weeks.  
I use to take Lyrica about 450 mg a day I started at 90 a day.  It helped quite a bit as for the some of the all over body pain.  It made me swell so bad, I hadn;t noticed it as much but when I saw my sister after not seeing her for about 6 months she was like wow!!  I stopped taking it.  It also I guess you can say made me even more out of sorts, angry, frustrated, agvertated, more than usual.  I will not lie Pot is the best answer at least for me.  I never really had any over all body pain tell after I quit smoking pot.So I quit taking eveything else and self medicate.