Fibromyalgia Community
Lyrica for 11 year old? Or what for fibro pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

My 11 year old daughter gets tenderness in all the fibro points. She is fine most of the time, but has flares after too much exertion - this week she had a school trip and walked around all day. 3 days later she's still sore and achey (achy) in all those danged fibro points. Luckily, she's not tired and she's bright and perky, so I don't think it's CFS.

I give her Advil, but it doesn't ease the discomfort enough for her to get up and do fun things, never mind go to school.

She was assessed at a children's hospital 2 years ago, but they thought it was psychosomatic and did not offer any help. She had acupuncture which helped for a while, so we'll try that again.

I am going to do my best to find a decent Rheumatologist for her to see (and we all know how hard THEY are to find). She's a happy little thing - I can't bear for her to spend a whole summer desperate to get up and swim and play, as happened 2 years ago.

In the mean time, I'd love to hear from any other parents with a child suffering from Fibro. Do they prescibe Lyrica for kids? What have you found helps your child?

Thanks,

Suzcat
Tags: 11 years, fibro, lyrica, fibro pain