Fibromyalgia Community
Lyrica for CFS?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lyrica for CFS?

I was diagnosed about a year ago with CFS, I read an article online about someone that tried adderall (adderrall) (SP) for their symptoms with fatigue and brain Fog which are terrible for me, I asked my Dr. about it and he said for me to try Lyrica first, my insurance does not cover it, but he said that he would give me samples from his office for as long as I needed them (he is a great Dr.) I have been on the Lyrica for a week now, I can go a full day without a nap, no more fog, it's my miracle drug thus far, not one side effect so far. I have heard of others getting terrible side effects from this med, just wondering have any of you taken this for CFS?
Related Discussions
  • Lyrica (7 replies):
    Is anyone taking Lyrica for their Fibro and if so is it ...[more]
  • Side Effect from Lyrica (6 replies):
    I took 150mg of Lyrica this morning and it made me very ...[more]
  • Lyrica (16 replies):
    Wondered if anyone has tried this.... Lyrica , the Ne...[more]
  • fibromyalgia (6 replies):
    I am 30yrs old and i am taking Cymbalta for my Fibromya...[more]
  • Lyrica (4 replies):
    Has anyone taken lyrica for fibromylasia and found incre...[more]
975514_tn?1325001538
Hello and welcome,
Many doctors believe that CFS and FM are diseases that affect your central nervous system. Lyrica is a medication that works on that system specifically, so it does make sense that it would improve CFS symptoms as well as FM symptoms. It is thought to work by slowing down nerve impulses in the brain. It's possible that when you do sleep, you are getting more restful sleep, thereby you are not requiring you regular naps throughout the day. Just my thought...
-Dusty  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank