Lyrica for CFS?
I was diagnosed about a year ago with CFS, I read an article online about someone that tried adderall (SP) for their symptoms with fatigue and brain Fog which are terrible for me, I asked my Dr. about it and he said for me to try Lyrica first, my insurance does not cover it, but he said that he would give me samples from his office for as long as I needed them (he is a great Dr.) I have been on the Lyrica for a week now, I can go a full day without a nap, no more fog, it's my miracle drug thus far, not one side effect so far. I have heard of others getting terrible side effects from this med, just wondering have any of you taken this for CFS?
Hello and welcome,
Many doctors believe that CFS and FM are diseases that affect your central nervous system. Lyrica is a medication that works on that system specifically, so it does make sense that it would improve CFS symptoms as well as FM symptoms. It is thought to work by slowing down nerve impulses in the brain. It's possible that when you do sleep, you are getting more restful sleep, thereby you are not requiring you regular naps throughout the day. Just my thought...
-Dusty