Fibromyalgia Community
Lyrica withdrawal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Lyrica withdrawal?

I posted this on the addiction board but no one could help me so I was hoping some of you could. I abused lyrica for a week and a half. I was taking up to 10 150mg pills the last couple days. My last pill was Saturday AM. I have been a little naseous, no appetite but the worst is the pin pricks feeling on my skin all over my body. Has anyone gone off lyrica before and had this happen? If so how long does this last? Is there anything that helps?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I can confirm the cause of your symptoms only after complete medical evaluation.Lyrica is Pregabalin which is used to treat pain caused by nerve damage in people with diabetes neuropathy, generalized bodyache etc. Quitting Lyrica suddenly can result in withdrawal symptoms including insomnia, headache, nausea, diarrhea and flu-like symptoms. Pin prick sensations can also be a symptom of withdrawal. It is better to take the opinion of a neurologist. After clinical examination he may be able to advise you about the specific treatment. I hope it helps.
Take care and regards!