Fibromyalgia Community
Lyrica?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Lyrica?????

Has anyone had any luck with Lyrica???????????
Some here on this forum have posted some luck with Lyrica. Myself, not so much. I've tried it two different times. The first time I tried to find something else to blame the side effects on and gave it another go. Didn't have any better luck the second time. Lyrica worked as far as helping my pain. I could tell that but it wasn't worth it for the side effects I felt. Everyone is different. Maybe you will do well. Someone on this forum told me that you have to give it at least a couple of weeks to see if side effects go away. Mine didn't. Maybe someone who has had better luck than this will post for you. Good luck!
Karen
I only took it a few times.  It caused urine retention and a trip to the ER, so I never did get to find out if it would've worked or not.
I was on Lyrica for six weeks.  I had terrible side effects - confusion and speech problems - made me sleepy - and it did NOT help the pain either.

I too had horrible side effects on Lyrica..chest pain, anxiety, panic attacks, etc.  I stopped taking it within 2 weeks I think.
It made me soooooo loopy I couldn't stand it.  So I started taking it only when the pain was awful and my other meds didn't work.  I started getting migrains from it.  I wasn't impressed but as Karen717 said everyone is different.  Give it a shot.  If it works for you GREAT!  If not what have you lost.
I have mixed feelings about the lyrica, on one hand I feel like it makes me feel better as far as my neck and upper back and lower back.  But the side effects for me are the feeling of being run down, WEIGHT GAIN, and I have a pretty decent headache almost every day! I gained 13 pounds in two weeks, not changing one thing!  So I told my doctor about it and he put me on phentermine to help with the weight gain issue.  It definately causes swelling too.  I was never one to have headaches everyday but I definately noticed a difference after I started taking it.  But even with these perscription diet pills I still feel sluggish and it is not a cure-all. The only thing I take for the pain of it all is lyrica and sunday afternoon I went shopping for about 4 hours, in and out of the car not just walking around one place, so i got some breaks and i seriously wanted someone to shoot me!! I was in so much pain I thought I would totally lose it!  SO I guess what I am trying to say is I hope it works for you, try to be positive and maybe it will! :)
I took Lyrica for 2 yrs before they approved it for Fibromyalgia.  I have been off of it for 7 months now have lost 40 lbs (without trying) and I don't notice any increase or decrease in the amount of pain I suffer.  I have since been taking Neurontin for the leg pain and it works without the side effects that Lyrica caused.  In my opinion it didn't do anything for the symptoms of Fibro it is just another way for the drug companies to make more money,  The only thing good is that it officially put Fibro on the list of REAL medical conditions.  Now doctors have to recognized the disease whether they want to or not!