Fibromyalgia Community
MCS anyone?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MCS anyone?

Do you suffer from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity?  Have you ever walked into a candle or flower shop and felt that you couldn't breathe or begin to sneeze?  Do you rush out of an elevator after the doors open because someones cologne made you physically ill?  Break out or get a rash after working in the garden?  
87%
 (7) 
Yes. I am sensitive to strong odors and get strange rashes.
0%
 (0) 
No. I don't have any problems with smells, chemicals or other allergic type reactions.
12%
 (1) 
Other. I've had this happen once or twice.
8 Members voted
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

Since I started treatment, most of my chemical sensitivities have disappeared and even my intolerance to gluten ! However, I still have a reaction when I'm around this hair product and so I avoid it. I'm also still using non-toxic cleaners as well. I recently found articles about air freshners and toxins in laundry detergents... it was quite disturbing. If I were healthy, I would avoid some of these products. Here's the link to my journal entry for those who are interested in reading about that:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/11102?personal_page_id=1064
Blank
662361_tn?1225338107
Yep. I have a problem w/ many strong odors - be it someone's perfume or the lotion they're wearing, an overpowering candle, incense, smoke, even many household cleaners & laundry detergents,etc. Some cause more serious reactions (asthma attacks) than others. Some cause me to itch and hive up, others don't. But generally speaking, I'm highly sensitive to odors and chemicals.
Blank
My sensitivity to smells has markedly increased since the onset of CFS, but for me, it tends to be milder, generally biological or food odours that nobody else notices.
Blank
479581_tn?1317761088
Yes, I am extremely sensitive to scented products.  I had an anaphylactic shock reaction to (feel free to laugh, I know it sounds crazy...and after all I didn't die!!!) scented pencils that were being sold by the student council at my school.

It has gotten worse since I developed hypothyroid and entered menopause.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank