Magnesium Deficiency
Hello, I recently was diagnosed with fibro. I, like a lot of you, question the dx and feel that perhaps there is something more going on that is being missed. I see that a lot of your posts talk about possible Mg deficiency? I have a couple questions about this. If I am correct, Mg is water soluble? So if you take supplements you won't get too much? I believe this is a possiblity for me, considering I do have a lot of the symptoms listed. I am deficient in other areas (iron, Vit D). If you do the transdermal route, should you still take an oral supplement too? Anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a transdermal oil or gel online and is one better than the other? Thank you so much for any info, you all have been great. It is nice to have a place to go where people understand! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!
Tam
Hi Tam!

Happy Mother's Day! Are you a mom?

Here's a link with the info you asked: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fibromyalgia/IWillDoThis-To-help-Alleviate-Fibro-Symptoms/show/1677486
You can purchase it from health food stores or from online vendors.
making your own Mg Oil from flakes is much cheaper.
Do daily applications at first, if seriously deficient.
And yes, Magnesium chloride is water soluble.
Oral intake is inefficient and it may have laxative effects.

For D3, do liquid emulsified sublingual for best delivery.
Iron is a tough one. Liver and red meat , if not a vegetarian- opt for pastured if possible-is your best bet. Supplementation is problematic for most.

I deal with  fibro sufferers - alternative and complimentary therapies and
hypnotherapy for fibro. Many are unfortunately misdiagnosed.
FMS is often used in medicine as a catch-all dx, when the symptoms match.

If you need more details, post again or pm me.
Cheers!
Niko
Thanks Niko, yep I am a mom of two bolys (8 &10). Thank you for the response, and I will look into it. I am now looking at alternative therpaies or any suggestions to try, considering the "meds" and PT aren't doing much for me now. I have been tested for lymes, but am hearing a lot about "chronic lymes" and difficulty in getting an accurate positive test. Anyhow back to the Vit.......working on D3. As far as the iron supplements,  you are right, cannot tolerate them at all. I take them and end up vomiting and terrible consitpation. Luckily, I am not a vegetarian, so  I eat the red meat part, but not the liver! Good excuse for an occasional steak!! I will look further into the link provided. Your info you share is very helpful and interesting. Thank you!
Hi - I just wanted to let you know how much Niko has helped me with my fibro - I am truly a different person now with his guidance and support.

I HIGHLY recommend transdermal magnesium supplementation to anyone with fibro symptoms.  It is a cheap easy thing to try and if it doesn't help you then no harm done - you cannot overdose on magnesium.  When we are deficient we cannot absorb it orally so transdermal sup is important.  

I'll PM you some links, let you know where I get mine as there are some really expensive options out there if you don't know where to look and it is silly to spend that much when you can buy the oil so cheaply.

Don't stop educating yourself, don't stop seeking alternative remedies to help with your symptoms and above all do NOT give up - Fibro doesn't have to stop your life - I'm living proof!