Fibromyalgia Community
Massage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Massage

Hi guys,
            Im in the process of being diagnosed with Fibro (ruling out everything else first) and ive already been diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrome.
I carry a lot of tension round my neck and shoulder muscles which are really painful and my dr says they are rock hard. I get an awful lot of headaches that pain killers dont touch and my dr believes its because of the tension in my shoulders and neck.
Because of this my partner keeps saying about getting a professional massage (the person is a friend of my mums and shes properly qualified in aromatherapy and massage)
The problem is i dont really want to be touched and its become a bit of a phobia for me now cos im scared it will really hurt and make things worse in the long run.
I'm kind of in a catch 22 situation cos my shoulders are getting worse and the headaches are more frequent and last longer. I probably have at least one headache at some point in everyday obviously varying in pain levels.
What do you think? Has anyone else has success with massage? Or has anyone found it really not useful and more trouble then its worth?
I've posted the same thing in the fibro uk forums without reply so i thought id try here to.
Take Care everyone xxxxx