Medicine for Fibromyalgia
I started having pain in my rib cage under the front.  I am in pain and sore often.  I went to the health food store & the herbalist told me to try turmeric to reduce inflammation, improve liver and heart health.  I took the first pill last night and I already feel better.  What should I do?  I have gone to the doctor and had EKG's, chest X-Ray's, bloodwork, and the doctors cannot find anything. What can I do?
I had pains under the rib cage (more to the left than center)...my doctors all told me that it was a symptom of IBS and after acupuncture and probiotics, it's non-existent! The chiropractic visits helped too!

Good luck!

I've had acupuncture done myself and I highly recommend it for numerous symptoms and/or conditions.

I recently read that the military was doing acupuncture. From the article (source below), "In one case, a patient broke into tears when the severe pain he had been suffering from for more than a year subsided within moments."

I no longer listen to people who are skeptical about alternative medicine. I've been there, done that and am STILL doing it and with good reason.... it works for me.

http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,164071,00.html
I have had fibro for approx last 16 years.  mother and sister diagnosed soon after.  Before it was diagnosed I had pain in my ribcage - costocondritus (sp?) which eventually went away. (I often wonder if that was my first symptom)  I have also had pain under the right side of my ribcage for most of the 16 years.  My husband couldn't even lay his arm over my side.  A Gall bladder series, and 4 ultrasounds couldn't find anything wrong.  Doctor finally agreed to take it out after I almost passed out after a heavy meal. Doctor said gallbladder had scarring and inflamation.  He apparently didn't think it was bad enough to have caused me all that pain, but I don't think he took the fibro into account.  I've had it out since '02 and although there is still some pain I am MUCH better.