Fibromyalgia Community
Mild fibromyalgia anyone?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mild fibromyalgia anyone?

Hey, everyone,

I've been to a few doctors for several years and the new one I'm seeing now thinks I may have mild fibromyalgia and other possible factors.  She gave me a 2 week trial pack of Savella to try.  I was wondering if anyone's been diagnosed with mild fibromyalgia.  Has anyone been diagnosed with fibromyalgia without taking a sleep study test to rule out sleep disorders?  Also, is there anyone who has fibromyalgia without any tender points?  I don't have any tender points so that's why I'm so confused.
Related Discussions
Hi Tigershot,

Your experience and symptoms are markedly similar to mine, although I have had some very hard to diagnose cognitive problems along with the fibro-like symptoms.(The former preceded the latter by five years and slowly worsened.)

I'm now  fairly certain that a virus I contracted six years ago set off a slew of (escalating) autoimmune-type symptoms, all next to impossible to get help with because nothing shows up on medical tests. I recently began trying the SHIN protocol in the book Fatigued to Fantastic. For the cognitive problems I've been looking at Goldsteins book, Betrayal by the Brain. The former book may help you; it has some good ideas.

Best of luck -- this is very challenging stuff to deal with.

Karen
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank