Fibromyalgia Community
Muscle Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Muscle Pain

Hello everyone,

I am 31 yrs of age and have been experiencing muscle pain though out my body...starting from the back of my neck through my shoulders and arms down to my hips, legs and toes.  The pain is an aching/burning/throbbing feeling.  My fingers and toes swell and tingle(kinda numbing feeling).  I have cramps in my calve muscles and the arch of my feet and toes about 3 times a week.  Sometimes the pain in my back get so severe that I cant raised my arms without a shocking pain.  My legs and arms have a very tired/exhausted feeling all the time, rather I'm just waking or trying to go to bed.  When I go up and down stairs my knees hurt (feeling kinda like arthritis) my wrist and fingers hurt and ache aswell.  Sometimes I get these tender spots on my arms, hands and legs as if I've bumped into something or have been hit.....hurts to touch, like it should be a burse  there but it's not.  My question is do I have fibromyalgia?
It is a very good chance of fibromyalgia but you won't be diagnosed with this until a bunch of other things are eliminated. Things such like rheumatoid arthritis and such. It's a process of elimination of other illnesses. Then there are 11 out of 18 spots on your body that will be extremely tender to the touch. To the point of where you couldn't even stand to be brushed by. What you explain sound a lot like fibro but it cannot be diagnosed by just anybody. You should go to your doctor and let them know how you are feeling. cause this kind of pain can also be caused by stress or depression and so on. You do sound like you have the symptoms of fibro though. I hope this helps you out. Good luck.