Fibromyalgia Community
Muscle Spasms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscle Spasms

Could anyone tell me if having muscle spasms are part of Fibromyalgia? I have several a month in my back. They are not painful, but just jolt me for a few minutes. There is no rhyme or reason for them they come whenever they want to. Because of these I do not drive as they take away my concentration for a few moments while I am having one. Please if anyone has any idea what these are could they please help me. I have been to every kind of Dr. there is and no one knows what these are and what is causing them. Thanks so much for any help in advance.
Tags: spasms
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
No, it doesn't sound like FMS.  You may be experiencing what is called 'benign fasciculations'...here is a link to describe it for you.  We do have a forum specifically for this syndrome in MedHelp.  Hope this helps.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_fasciculation_syndrome
Blank
925665_tn?1243999791
Having been diagnosed with FMS for 16 years, it is my experience that if I overdo and do not pace myself, I can get some muscle spasms in my upper back muscles and shoulders.  Usually, my dose of flexeril will calm them.

Take care all
Blank
641819_tn?1240329530
I get muscle spasms in my hands, feet and legs. They're not sure if it's my fibro just being weird of if the fibro is covering up something else.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank