Muscle Spasms
Could anyone tell me if having muscle spasms are part of Fibromyalgia? I have several a month in my back. They are not painful, but just jolt me for a few minutes. There is no rhyme or reason for them they come whenever they want to. Because of these I do not drive as they take away my concentration for a few moments while I am having one. Please if anyone has any idea what these are could they please help me. I have been to every kind of Dr. there is and no one knows what these are and what is causing them. Thanks so much for any help in advance.
No, it doesn't sound like FMS.  You may be experiencing what is called 'benign fasciculations'...here is a link to describe it for you.  We do have a forum specifically for this syndrome in MedHelp.  Hope this helps.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_fasciculation_syndrome
Having been diagnosed with FMS for 16 years, it is my experience that if I overdo and do not pace myself, I can get some muscle spasms in my upper back muscles and shoulders.  Usually, my dose of flexeril will calm them.

Take care all
I get muscle spasms in my hands, feet and legs. They're not sure if it's my fibro just being weird of if the fibro is covering up something else.