Fibromyalgia Community
Muscle pain after eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Muscle pain after eating

For the past year or so, I have been experiencing muscle soreness and pain a few hours after I eat anything that is high in the glycemic index or a big portion of pure fat foods like nuts and fish. I am generally a compulsive eater and I can't control my eating sometimes. I would eat a lb of almonds in one sitting and then experience muscle pain in my abs. But if i eat nuts in moderation that doesn't happen. However, what would trigger the pain the most is if I carbs that are high in the glycemic index such as rice or noodles. I cannot eat more than one roll of sushi without feeling the pain in the next few hours. I don't know what it is that I have, but I am not overweight nor underweight. I am fit, I am 5 2 and about 110 and I exercise regularly. I run and I do martial arts. My glucose levels were pretty fine the last time i had them checked. 70 in the morning and 100 after eating. so what is the problem?
This is a tough one...Have you seen a GI doctor?