Fibromyalgia Community
Muscle twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Muscle twitching

My right arm tends to twitch a lot. It doesn't interfere with my using it, it only twitches when I try to relax it. My fibro dr said she's never seen this symptom in any of her other fibro patients, but at least two other websites I've visited list involuntary muscle twitching as a symptom of fibro. Anyone else out there have similar symptoms?
Hi Droopy,
I love the name. I seem to get body twitches when I am trying to go to sleep at night. It is usually my legs but sometimes it is my whole body that seems to shake. It tends to wake me up as I am just starting to doze when it happens.
Welcome to our neighborhood! You will find you are not alone with this dreaded monster we all live with. It is nice to be able to talk to people who know exactly where you are coming from. It is very hard to talk to some people when they don't know what you are experiencing. And there are others out there that think we are all flakes. If only they could live in our bodies for one week!!
I have experienced this as well. My twitches were worse when I took Effexor. I loved the drug and felt great emotionally, but I started having bad side effects from it. So if you're talking that consider it has the culprit.
Hello.. I'm NEW 2 this board.  I have EXTREME twitching in my face anytime i try & relax & "let go" of the mass daily tension i have. Especially around my mouth, between my brow/forehead & my eyes. It trips my reg dr out. BUT the neurosurgeon that did my neck & lumbar fusion understands it & says it's unusual but probably linked 2 the Chiari Malformation & Fibro. I will know more when i see the Neurologist July 31. Then, i go 2 the Encronologist shortly after. I have MANY, MANY, MANY health problems. It's an uphill road EVERYDAY. And NOBODY gets it. I thank god i found this board & look 4ward to talking w/ you all. :)

Take care & god bless

ps i will list ALL my ailments/meds/surgeries later today OR monday. ;) So, u can all get 2 know a lil' about me.
& i also have overall body twitching that awakes me as i fall asleep etc.. But, i also kick in my sleep & awake every 2-3 hrs. as we all probably do. HANG IN THERE EVERYONE
I have muscle twitches in between my eyebrows as well. I also have them in my right buttocks. These seem to come right after I lie down and try to relax. I've never mentioned them to dr. b/c there is so much that sometimes I just let the little things go. If anyone finds a cause, let us know please.
I am also new here and do experience the twitching also. Like most of ya'll it is when i lie down for sleep. But do experience it during the day also. I have it mainly in my legs, arms and do have it in my neck and face also. Hang in there everyone.

Deedee
oh my i thought that I was the only one, does anybody know what causes it!!
I just started experiencing muscle twitching and weakness the last couple of weeks.  I am extremely terrified that I have ALS.  My dad's sister just recently passed away from ALS and I wish that I could have talked to her to see how her symptoms began.  I have an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow and am hoping that it will be the lesser of the two evils (fibromyalgia).  In the last 5 years or so I have had constant migraines and jaw pain, and in just the last couple of weeks have had the muscle weakness, muscle twitching, aching muscles and horrible menstrual cramps.  My vision has also been blurred for a very long time.  Do any of you have these symptoms with your fibromyalgia?