Fibromyalgia Community
Nerve pain and muscle spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Nerve pain and muscle spasms

I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and IBS.  Plus suspect for MS with diagnosed Trieminal Neuralgia and and two brain lesions.  All of my symptoms began after multiple Gulf War deployments to Kuwait and Iraq.  I was exposed to burn pits, injections, and fuel fires, plus my job was daily involving exposure to chemicals and petroleum products.  

Now I have numbness, tingling, L'Hermittes, severe muscle spasms, joint pain, and electric shock sensations.  I have submitted a claim to be approved for Gulf War Illness.  

Often I have a severe muscle cramp and spasms down the left side of my neck, chest and back after coughing or sneezing--I literally can't even breathe for about 30 seconds until the spasms end.  

Is this related to any of the conditions I listed above?
For your symptoms fibromyalgia is less likely to be the culprit. However multiple sclerosis and brain lesions can cause these symptoms.  Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system (CNS), leading to demyelination.It can be diagnosed by MRI brain and MRS of the brain.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.