New diagnosis
I was just diagnosed with a severe case of fibromyalsi. My doc put me on tramadol and oxycodone. He said that I will probley be on these for the rest of my life. My grandmother had this too. Does this treatment sound normal to everyone?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Tramadol and oxycodone belong to the narcotic analgesic group and are given for severe fibromyalgia.  Narcotic analgesics block the transmission of pain signals by binding to the opioid receptors in the central nervous system. The actions in the central nervous system are also responsible for side effects such as sedation, respiratory depression and intoxication. Using narcotic analgesics for a long time increases the risk of dependence.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hey tphelp.
I urge you to consider a couple options before you commit yourself to these highly addictive drugs-for the rest of your life!
1. Seek a natural health practitioner who is knowledgeable in this field.
2. Look into LDL (Low dose Naltrexone). There's tons of info online.
This offers a lot of promise in CFS,MS,FMS,Cancer, Parkinson's, AIDS etc

There are many alternative therapies. Let me know and I'll be glad to forward you some info.
Wishing you well.
Niko