New here
Newly dx and new to this group! I always knew something was wrong with my body growing up. My mom said everyone has those kinds of pains, and they lived with it. I ended up complaining about things so much (I'm guessing) that a few months later she dragged me to a shrink because aches and pains are signs of depression. Did I mention I was ten??? Lol. It's been a long road since then. I am now 27 and got diagnosed two weeks ago and everything makes sense. I'm already on gabapentin for another diagnosis, and its never helped what I now know are fibromyalgia symptoms. Happy to finally be diagnosed!
HI Laci,
Welcome to the group! Wow you have had the symptoms since the age of 10 hey? That is a long time, sad that at that time no one really believed you and made you feel like it was all in your head. Happy to hear you have found us, this group has a lot of people to chat with and ask questions (remember we are not medical professional, but most have VERY EXCELLENT personal experience.....which sometimes helps more) good luck and feel free to post any questions!!!! Welcome!
Tam