New to Fibro
I've been on this forum for about a year now thinking what I had was a drug/pill addiction. I had chronic pain in every single part of my body! 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was so happy to not feel crazy anymore. What I had/have...has a name.

So, a couple weeks ago my dr started me on Amitriptyline 10mg, Meloxicam 15mg, and Tizanidine 4mg. Today I told her those are helping a TON with the night time pain/insomia. I told her I need something I can take during the day. Obviously I told her I don't want any opiates because I had a problem with those before. She gave me Gabapentin 300mg once a day for 7 days. Then increase. I've never taken this med and I'm a little scared of what I've read about it. If anyone has any suggestions for the day time pain I'm all ears.

I have a few other conditions that need to be treated but we can't until we get my pain under control. I hope this medication works because I DO NOT want to go anywhere near opiates ever again.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Gabapentin has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of fibromyalgia. The FDA has, approved a similar drug, pregabalin (Lyrica), for fibromyalgia treatment. It works by limiting the release of pain-communicating chemicals by nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. The most common side effects of both drugs are dizziness and drowsiness.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.