Fibromyalgia Community
New to Fibro
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New to Fibro

I've been on this forum for about a year now thinking what I had was a drug/pill addiction. I had chronic pain in every single part of my body! 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was so happy to not feel crazy anymore. What I had/have...has a name.

So, a couple weeks ago my dr started me on Amitriptyline 10mg, Meloxicam 15mg, and Tizanidine 4mg. Today I told her those are helping a TON with the night time pain/insomia. I told her I need something I can take during the day. Obviously I told her I don't want any opiates because I had a problem with those before. She gave me Gabapentin 300mg once a day for 7 days. Then increase. I've never taken this med and I'm a little scared of what I've read about it. If anyone has any suggestions for the day time pain I'm all ears.

I have a few other conditions that need to be treated but we can't until we get my pain under control. I hope this medication works because I DO NOT want to go anywhere near opiates ever again.