Fibromyalgia Community
Not sure how to begin?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Not sure how to begin?

I am a 30 yr old female that was just dignosed with fibromyalgia, and don;t know anything about it, except i hurt all the time. I love to physically work, thats what makes me happy. My mind just wants to go but my body won;t let me. I feel like i am in good shape I am 5'3 and a half...lol. And weigh about 119lbs. what do you do to help cope? Is there a diet? Or a certain exercise routine? And also if i overuse my arm mucles my hands and arm will shake really bad?

kalie
i sympathise with you i have FM and i too used to love physical work i love my horses and used to work with them 6 days a week till late most evenings and i cant do much at all these days except sit at home bored. i urge you to get help now and get on meds to help you and try your best to learn to live with it and carry on cos if you let it take over like i did you wil be like me in a short time. learn to pace yourself and your jobs resting in between, dont do too much but not too little either, hope this makes sense and helps love and hugs julie x
Thankyou for your reply. It makes me a little nervous to hear about the future though :-)

Kalie

What kind of horses do you have?
Have you had other diseases ruled out to make sure something else is not going on?  Lyme disease causes fibromyalgia symptoms so this is one thing to test for that often gets overlooked.
No I just had a bunch of blood work and went to many different doctors. My main problem is my lower legs hurt All the time!! Does exercising really help. My only problem is I hurt so bad for days if i work out. Also I hardley sit down, I am always cleaning or doing something, because when i do sit down i get really tired. But i have noticed for the past year or so, i cannot do just one thing, i think i have a.d.d. i cannot concentrate on one thing. Is that normal with fm?
excersie does does help but dont over do it by excersice i mean like standing and bending your knees a few times or with sore hands keep making a fist i dont mean go running round the block lol. ask your doc about hydrotherapy (excersise in water) helped me loads but you got to carry it on in local pool your self when course finishes or no point.my legs always hurt too and feel like ton weights most of time i find it hard to concentrate on anything for long and i get forgetful too do you. i dont have horses anymore i cant look after them as well as i used to and it wasnt fair to keep them, as well as working with hunters i had an irish draught cross thoroughbred, 16.3, bay, gelding, of my own (banacheque) he was great but a handful cos he was only 4 and had sweet itch too nightmare, hugs julie.xx
I finally had my Fibromyalgia diagnosed last Friday, after over 30 years ! I used to work with horses & I miss it loads I also was a market trader for 6 years & a biker. It is tough to live with, but the right meds do help - I have Tramadol for pain & Amitriptyline for my muscle spasms & sleep problems. Also the use of a good diary & a calender is helpful you may get a bit forgetful. If you feel a bit lost you could contact some of the Fibromyalgia societies/support groups like fibroaction.org, fibromyalgiasyndrome.co.uk, fibromyalgia-support.org and there are some local ones usually nearby - your local hospital would know. Also you could go to a Pain Clinic (ask your g.p), I went to one and they have quite a bit that can help especially if you have recently developed this condition. Hope some of this helps a bit. Take care, Karen xxx