Not sure what to do for a next step
I am. 62 y.o. Man.  I went thru rehab for alcohol Nov/Dec 2011.  I felt fine after.  Since march 2012 I have experienced many symptoms including numbess, tingling, sleep change, pain throughout muscles and joints  among others.I have had every blood test imaginable,, emg, MRI.  Have seen pcp, , rheumatologist, neurologists.  The most I have received is telling me I have some peripheral nerve damage.  All have quickly said it is alcohol related, but no one has an explanation of the joint and muscle pain.  Now I have been sent to a pain specialist.  I say I am willing to accept it if it is all alcohol related, but maybe I am not because I also think something is missing.  I have read a lot about a lot on line because I don't do much else due to the discomfort.  Fibromyalgia would seem to be a likely possibility but no m.d has mentioned it, yet have prescribed Lyrica.  What do I do and where do I go?  I live about 40 mi. North of Boston.  Thank you all.
This sounds like exactly what I have been dealing with minus the alcohol. Six weeks ago I was sent to the rheumatologist. She said fibromyalgia gave me flexeril and said to find a psychiatrist. Opiates do not help and all of the "Specialists" think that they are all too special. I get the run around and nothing so far has helped. Good Luck!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If your symptoms are due to peripheral nerve damage, it can be exactly assessed by a nerve conduction studies. Check to see if there is vitamin B12 deficiency. Vitamin B12 deficiency or hypocobalaminemia is a low blood level of vitamin B12. It can cause permanent damage to nervous tissue if left untreated long. This can occur as a consequence to excessive intake of alcohol. Discuss this with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.