Fibromyalgia Community
Numerous health issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Numerous health issues

Hi I have not been on the site for a little while have been quite busy but I had posted for the first time about a week or so ago. In my last posting I had mentioned about my numbness & pain in both my hands which I still experience. Since then I have been to see my rheumatologist and there was not much more she could do for me other then offer me some cortizone shots for my shoulders( I have bursitis and tendinitis in both shoulders along with bursitis in both hips). I declined this time as I find I only get releif for about a month and I have been so focused on the pain throughout my body its not really noticed anymore. The dr did send me for an x-ray for my neck and sent me for an emg test( I hope I pronounced it right but the nerve test) for the numbness in my hands. The dr there gave me my results from the test right away and it turns out with everything going on now I also have carpul tunnel in both hands. I still have to have a follow up appt with the rheumatologist for my results on the x-rays. I am starting to wonder if all my problems are all related to the fibromyalgia as I also have esophagitis (which is now Barretts esophagus) and I will have to go for biopsies every 2yrs for. I also have chronic acid reflux and hiatus hernia. Does anyone else have these kind of issues or know if they would be all related to the fibromyalgia I am getting to the point I do not want to know anymore the bottom line is I still fight every day with the pain and the fatigue.
I wish I had an answer for you.  It does seem to me that people with fibromyalgia have a tendency to have a lot of other medical issues, including carpal tunnel! (the braces worked really well for me, so far, & I am keeping my fingers crossed!). Acid reflux & hiatal hernia are just plain old common ailments in the general population.

My advice: Hang in there.  You will have good days, and bad days.  Enjoy the good days, do what you can do, and try not to overdo.  Take the bad days for what they are worth (you wouldn't know a good day, if you didn't have bad ones), listen to your body when it tells you to take a break, and try to plan at least one 'down' day (where you don't have to do anything or go anywhere) at least once a week. My thoughts & prayers for a painfree day!