Fibromyalgia Community
Ongoing fibro

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Ongoing fibro

Hi, I am new but I have had fibromyalgia for many many years. I can relate to some of the posts. Other people do not understand that this chronic pain is so very difficult to deal with. I would like to be able to learn and share with other people with the same problems. I am diabetic 2 also and have other medical problems as well but the fibro is the one that most of my family and friends just do not understand. Has anyone else felt shunned by others because they can't believe what they can't SEE.? I am so frustrated. Thank you for responding if you can.
100%
 (3) 
support
0%
 (0) 
response
3 Members voted
There is a great video on You tube called "the spoon theory". It is about Lupus but it works for all kinds of chronic "invisible" pain disorders. It's the best explaination I've ever heard.

Welcome to the group.
Thank you, I will check it out. I am having a very difficult time right now not only with fibro, but with my bipolar 2 problems (I am hypomanic for the first time in about 2 years) plus was just in ICU in the hospital for a week with diabetic glucose numbers as high as 1911. It seems impossible for the no. to be that high and not be in a coma or dead; but they took several blood tests and it was correct. I am now dealing with the complications of the very high diabetic glucose...neuropathy in feet and hands, vagus nerve to stomach (gastroparisis)...which got me in the hospital in the first place. I was deyhrydated and vomiting and extremely thirsty. I drank gallons of liquids all day long. I guess what I am getting at (I know it sounds like whine whine whine) but I am so depressed right now that I want to give up. Why is life so cruel? I am scared and worried that I won't be able to be strong enough to deal with all of this. Does anyone out there understand?
I completely understand. I agree with you it ***** and I feel totally cheated.My childhood was less than great although I believe my mom tried her best. I thought as an adult my life would be soooo much better. Wrong!!!! Everyday I fight a battle with myself not to give up and just to get out of bed. But I keep going for my family.

Are you on any meds for depression and /or bipolar disorder?
I know what you're talking about. I've been in pain from this disease for so long now I've forgotten what it feels like to be without constant pain and exhaustion. I can barely pay attention to what goes on around me much of the time. I've found that just when I think I can't go on, I find a strength of will that can overcome it, bash through it, and crush the crippling pain. It can take some time, though, wait for it to come.You have that strength within, don't be worried that you are alone against the dark. Draw even more strength from the adversity, don't worry that others don't "believe" you. Your will will triumph.