Fibromyalgia Community
Pain in my hands

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Pain in my hands

Hi everyone, I have Fibromyalgia and my doctor is great, but since the begining of this week have a pain in may hands, first my Left hurts more than the Right and  even the top of my Right foot also my hand was swollen and now is going away and my Left start with the same pain, right now is swollen. Last week i had a flare up and I don't know if this part of it or what. Also other doctor told me that bisides fibro I may have Small fiber neuropathy, so I have no idea whats happening, I'm little stress out so I now that affects my symptoms....Anyboby experience something like that?...
I have never had much swelling. They thought I might have fibro with my UCTD/undiagnosed lupus/lyme disease.

My hands felt like I had thick jello in my joints and the muscle were WAY overworked and would cramp up over opening a pop bottle or holding paper. What kind of pain do you have in your hands?
I have no swelling in hands at all.  Swelling is not likely FM.  Maybe something with the FM.  I have pain and weakness in various body parts.  Most days my hands feel like they are being ripped off at the wrist.  Rest is the only thing that seems to help.

Good luck.
I have the most problem with my hands from my fibromyalgia--probably because I use them the most.   Also the tops of my feet and the bottom of my feet hurt from my very soft expensive SAS shoes.  Plus pain everywhere else.

I've never had any swelling either.

I think that you should call that good doctor about your symptoms.

Good luck
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments, the pain in my Left hand got better, but  I still have pain in my Right, i think is going away little by little, any ways a will tell my doc and see what she say, b/c that was very weird, I will keep u posted of any change, thank you all for the advice  and comments...Regards
Keep fighting for an answer, and always press your doctors for more tests and more opinions. If swelling in your hands is not usually a symptom of fibro don't forget about it and keep it in mind. After all they really don't know a whole lot about fibro and it might be a symptom of something else, even if you have been diagnosed for years. Just something to keep in mind.