Pain on both sides under rib cage
For almost two months I've had pain and general soreness in the front upper abdominal area.  I've had every test you can think of and nothing is showing up.  At first they thought it was kidney infections.  I did show proof of this in both urine and blood tests.  After antibiotc treatment tests showed nothing.  It hurts all the time especially when touched.  I do not have a gallbladder.  My chiropracter thinks it is my diaphram and that my fibromyalgia is now in this area.  What can I do?  I have all over pain almost all the time so I don't know when something new is happening but this pain under my ribs is new and constant.  My energy level is low to begin with but since this new pain my energy level is steadily going down.  it takes all I can muster just to walk a block.  Please help!  Lois
LoisMary, I am having the same thing!  I have back pain under both sides of my ribcage in my back SO I did a search for it & this link came up with your message!

It does make sense now that I have read what you wrote because I too have fibromyalgia!  I just didn't put the two together that they could be related!  This makes me feel a little better(even though my back is in much pain)cause at least I know that this is what may be causing the increase in pain! I didnt injure my back in any way but just woke up with the pain one morning! I too have been really tired lately, since this increased back pain under my ribs has begun, which was about a week ago!

I have had fibromyalgia for a couple years now though!

Thanks, Laur
I have been having pain at night underneath both of my ribs, right at the bottom of my ribs, almost underneath. It sometimes wakes me up and feels like a burning pain yet almost like a charlie horse. It is not an excruciating pain but it is quite worrisome. I have not yet been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but it has been suggested by my doctor. I also have crazy pains in my shoulder around my clavicle and up my neck that comes and goes. Does this have anything to do with fibromyalgia? My knees hurt off and on.  It seems like my pain migrates from place to place from day to do. My doctor put me on Lyrica but that has not started helping.
Hello and welcome,
You may want to ask your primary care physician (PCP) to refer you to a Rheumatologist for a full evaluation. Have you had any X-Rays or MRIs performed of your Neck or your shoulder? I think I would ask for them if you haven't had them. In order to be diagnosed with Fibromyaglia a Rheumatologist needs to begin ruling other possible causes out. Has your PCP doctor done any blood tests to look for thyroid problems or any other issues that you know of?
I have been tested for everything under the sun. My primary care physician said that I have the classic pressure points. (Whatever that means). My thyroid is okay. We thought that that was the problem but my tests came back within normal limits. I am just tired of hurting all the time.