Fibromyalgia Community
Painful, peeling skin on fingertips and heels
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Painful, peeling skin on fingertips and heels

My symptoms intermitently over past 4 years are peeling skin on fingertips that is painful.  the skin first becomes thick and yellow then peels off a layer to fresh painful skin.  My finger nails are also thicker than they used to be.  My heels are also peeling and painful.  Have used antifungal on feet. Doesn't seem to help.  Take plenty of good fish oils and borageoil.  I also found out I have Hashimoto's, but am not on meds yet because thyroid levels ok.  Any ideas?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
773755_tn?1328123377
hello! i thought a dermatologist would be able to point to a thing or two pretty quickly with symptoms like that! anyway - yes - hashimotos and thyroid things - dry skin is a hypothyroid symptom. just go to the THYROID FORUM and ask there - someone there hopefully can explain better than i can, about the complete batch of thyroid tests that you need to find a dr to run. you can have test results that show normal, but
possibly because it's an incomplete set of tests. need TSH, T4, T3, and the more telling tests, FT4 and (FT3(?)) - and if dr is v thorough, reverse t3 i think...
good luck. thyroidisms are hell
Blank
Yes, I did have all of those tests even revers T3, all within range (even healthy range)
Will go to thyroid forum. thanks for your input.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...