Fibromyalgia Community
Plaquenil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Plaquenil

I started Plaquenil yesterday and one dose has my stomach upset.  Does anyone take this medication? What can I do to prevent the stomach upset?

I took it with food, and that did not seem to help.  Still have an upset stomach 24 hours later, and have to take it again in 1.5 hrs.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Hey poodlegirl.
Welcome to the forum.
For some reason, I'm sensing that this medication is not for you!
Please note that this is not a suggestion at all. It is only a strong intuition I'm getting, regarding you taking  Plaquenil.
" Normally" I support my comments and statements well in most of my posts,based on science,research,studies and personal experience, however, in this instance, I'm unable to explain it.
There seems to be "something" attempting to prevent you from taking Plaquenil. Can you possibly discuss  with your Doctor if there's anything else you can replace it with, or adjust the dosage at least?
Can your Doctor help you with the "real" underlying cause?  
Take care
Blessings
Niko