Fibromyalgia Community
Please, please help :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Please, please help :(

Hi everyone, i need some opinions, i can't take anymore. Im 23 from England and have been suffering with widespread pain for about a year or so now. Im not sure its fibro though, i think it might be some kind of neurological problem as some of my  symptoms are strange. The only thing that makes me think it might not be neurological is that all my symptoms are intermittent. My doctor told me that if i had a brain/spinal problem, my symptoms wouldnt just come and go?? is this right?? I can sometimes go a week without any major symptoms, just a bit of lightheadedness. But im not so sure, as it feels like my symptoms are getting worse everyday :(

Heres my symptoms:

* Muscle/Bone pain all over my body but mainly arms/legs/hands/feet/thighs/buttocks/hips
* Dizziness, this is really bad, i get sudden vertigo, where everything around me moves.
* Lightheadedness all the time, off balance feeling
* Cloudy foggy vision (like i cant focus properly on anything) this is the worst symptom
* Sudden numbness and tingling/chills in arms/hands/left leg/left foot
* Sudden hearing loss/ringing in ears/fullness in ears and pressure in head every day
* Neck pain
* Flashes in vision and headaches now and again
* Things feel a bit different when i touch them sometimes, and my left hand feels weak alot of the time
* Sudden rushes of dizziness/adrenaline all the time for no reason
* Burning skin patches all over
* Feeling like my brain is swelling up inside, like a strong pressure, sometimes to one side, sometimes both sides of head.

However at this moment as im typing i feel fine, no symptoms at all, then in a minute i could do something and all of a sudden a symptom will kick in. Its never ending. Does this sound like a serious disease? I have had a ct scan of my brain and it was normal, bloodwork normal, heart echo scan normal, but i have had swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin for over a year now with no explanation, as the ultrasounds and biopsy have proved they arent Cancer and the blood tests for infection are clear! so i have no clue why they are swollen! which makes me think i have some spinal or neurological infection or disease that they havent found yet??

i think i need an mri of brain and spine and possibly a lumbar puncture to detect for lyme disease but no doctor will listen as they think its all in my head! and too "intermittent" and too "widespread" ...

right just then i had a sharp stabbing pain in my left temple area, thats travelling down my neck, my foot is tingling and my vision is a little bit 'off' , not blurred but hazey..

I have not got stress problems and i know this is not anything like anxiety as i am not anxious. I get anxious when the symptoms are bad but thats obviously going to happen! I just want answers, ive even thought about saving up for private mri scan and private lyme disease testing as no-one will listen to me, and everyone knows you cant tell a doctor anything!

Hopefully someone on here can help cos I literally cry about this everyday i cant take anymore, im 23! I never used to have any issues. I took a bit of cocaine one night cos and my symptoms started a couple of months after taking it, which worries me sick as i think i may have triggered or caused a brain disease of some kind. The doctors pretty much laughed at me for that! Please help :(
oh and forgot to add that when i get my 'attacks' as i like to call them, it literally feels like im dying or i need to go lay down, i get severe fatigue, for example i was walking through town the other day and i came over really dizzy and faint, vision went hazey and pressure in my head, not pain just a swelling sensation.. i had the most overwhelming urge like i needed to sit/lie down and shut my eyes, or just rest, i find if i rest for a little while the symptoms subside sometimes.. its so weird.

Also forgot to add that ive seen a Neurologist and he did a neuro exam (reflexes etc etc) and said i was perfectly fine. refused to give me an mri or anything., ive also seen ENT for my dizziness and its not my ears. Ive seen an eye doctor and its not my eyes. Ive had an echo so its not my heart either! BP is also perfect 120/70 all the time.
Does it come in cycles several weeks off then it comes on? Stress or over exertion exasperated it.
You have a toxin in your body of some kind. Either bacterial or chemical.
Have you had a tox-screen done and have you been tested for bacterial infections such as Lyme disease, mycoplasma etc.
yes it does have worse periods of time (several weeks) and stress does seem to make it worse or bring on worse attacks. Yes i believe i have something going on, something infection-like, bacterial or something, would explain the constant raised lymph nodes too. No i havent been tested for lyme or anything, lyme is rare in the UK and cant think where i would have picked up a lyme tick, as i live in a busy city, nowhere near wild animals or forestry. I suppose i could have picked it up years ago when i went to dominican republic as i got bitten by loads of mosquitos but seems weird how i only started getting any symptoms 6 weeks after doing a stupid one-night party drug with friends and then my whole life changes! surely it wouldnt take 7 years to develop? cos i went when i was 14..  I have had lots of blood tests, and full blood count which was completely normal,even though my lymph nodes were raised/still raised.. i just dont understand what is going on with me :( i get days where i feel great then days where i feel ill all day.

Do you think that doctor is right that i cant have a brain or spinal disease/problem because i can go days without any symptoms??? he thinks my symptoms wouldnt be 'on and off' as once damage is done to brain/spine its done, and doesnt just get better then worse.... is he correct??????????????????????????????????????????
Hi, I have very similar symptoms to you. I have tried to private message you on here but can't seem to.

Can you pm me and ill respond?