Fibromyalgia Community
Please HELP !! I dont know if this is fibro or Not :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hello.... Im a 38 yr old female...,  new here and Ive been having symptoms for a while now that have led me to start researching  fibromyalgia.  I see a neurologist  regularly  for chronic  migraines (which i have had for about ten years now so those are nothing new ). Since last December I have lost 62 pounds bringing my weight down to 127. Although Im VERY excited about the weight loss other things have started happening in the past 4 months. First my hair started to fall out,... (Im talking handfulls every night ) , and it has never stopped ! I am hurting all over my body ....  It started in my back, my hips, and my knees, ... 2 Weeks ago it spread to between my shoulder blades , my breast bone, and under my arms. My skin has gotten dry all over , but sometimes (about 4 times a week)  my arms and back itch so bad--- they STING !!!! It feels kinda like something is biting me and crawling on me . My scalp is sore , my memory --- GONE !! OK--- Here is the best part ..... my neuro is the best and wanted to find out whats going on with me. He ran a PANEL of blood work to o check for Vit D dif, Auto immune disorder,  and thyroid . ALL in which come back good. So here I am knowing that all of this is NOT IN MY HEAD ! It may NOT be fibromyalgia  , Im definitely  not an expert on this disease  , but I am an expert on not giving up on finding out whats going on with ME when im in pain like this . Thank you for all of your help in advance . :)
Oh, sorry, I forgot to ask you if you have ever been tested for a MTHFR
genetic mutation.
Please let me know and I can give you some information in layman's terms,
how this may relate to many things you are suffering from, including your migraines.

Cheers.
Niko
Possible Magnesium deficiency.
A standard blood test will not detect it, because in serum, magnesium levels stay stable (1% of total) and when serum levels decline, tissue magnesium
enters the blood circulation to make up for the deficit.
There are special tests like hair analysis or specific white blood cell tests which will indicate actual tissue levels.
The easiest way to approach it, to my opinion, is to do a transdermal magnesium oil trial.
I'd say do it everyday for a couple weeks and after that, every other day.
If you feel better, without having changed anything else in a few weeks, and your symptoms are resolving, that would be a strong indication, it was indeed a magnesium deficiency
Please look it up, or I can send you the details. You can make your own
Magnesium Oil, which is magnesium chloride flakes mixed 50-50 with water
You may dilute it further if at first it feels too strong on the skin.

There are other possibilities, but please consider this one first, which is the easiest to deal with, but yet very fundamental!

Keep in touch and let me know how it goes, if you decide to go ahead with this.

Best wishes
Niko
genetic mutation.

Cheers.
Niko
Thanks for responding first of all
Thanks for responding first of all
Thank you for responding first of all! I have not been tested for either one of those. How much does it costto get the oil test mag thing you are talking about? Would it be cheaper to ask my Dr to do a blood test or did you say that a blood test can not be done for this?  Also ... I forgot to mention that my fingernails peel really bad on the tips. They do not have ridges as side effects in other things , but just the peeling. Sorry to keep rambling on, but I just don't want to leave anything out .  Thanks again for all of your help ! ☺
It costs me about $15.00 for a 1Kg bag (to make your own) and this lasts about a year.
There's only one white blood cell test that I know of, which detects tissue levels of minerals, but I'm afraid it may not have an insurance code, so you may have to pay for it! Ask your Doctor.

Your nail issue could be a sign of hypothyroidism, which is possible despite
your labs indicating otherwise.
The standard thyroid serum tests show only serum levels.
You can get FreeT3, Free T4 and Reverse T3  for accurate thyroid function
testing and you can do your own Dr. Barnes Basal Temperature Test.
Just look it up online.

Have a good day!
Niko
I have had fibromyalgia for 8 years. Some of what your experiencing I have also. Have it checked out to diagnose the dr touches certain points on your body and if a certain number are tender or hurt that is how they diagnose it. Very simple and easy I suggest you talk to your dr about it. Good luck