Fibromyalgia Community
Please please help me!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please please help me!!

I posted a couple weeks ago about my legs. it feels like the flu- like I need to hit them to make them feel better. It goes from my hips to my IT band to my sides of my shins... It feels so uncomfortable I cry now. I tried to use ice on my siatic (sciatic) (sp? and someone said that) for my hips, instead of heat. I take Vitamin D and Magnesium (2000 units and 600mgs, respectively) and have been stretching, exercising, doing yoga, get massage, get acupuncture every week or two weeks. I take vicodin for the pain. I take Gabapentin (600mg) for sleep, which doesn't happen because this hurts so much. I cant take anti-depressants because they seriously make me more depressed, and emotionally over-reactive. I've tried diets, I exercise 5x/week even though it hurts, and have had "fibro" since 19. I dont know what to do anymore. Please please help me. Please. I can deal with a lot, but this hurts so much, a 750/325 Vicodin ES doesn't help at all... Please.
Related Discussions
975514_tn?1325001538
Hello,
I would schedule and appointment with your doctor. In the meantime keep following his/her directions and using the ice on your lower back where your tailbone meets your spine. I suggest asking the doctor if you can increase your Gabapentin dosage. That should help with the nerve pain you are experiencing from the sciatica. Gabapentin is very effective for nerve pain at the proper dosages. 600mg is not effective for what you are going through. If you can tolerate it, take Ibufrofen for the inflammation as well- 600mg twice a day should be fine as long as you do not have any kidney or stomach problems. Let us know how the DR. appointment goes.
-Dusty  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank