Fibromyalgia Community
Politics... Fibro and CFIDS/ME

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Politics... Fibro and CFIDS/ME

How many of you believe that politics play a role with your diagnosis of fibro or CFIDS (AKA: myalgic encephalomyelitis)

I've been posting lately in my journal about what the CDC is doing and it really disturbs me. It is quite obvious to me that politics are part of the reason fibro and CFS patients aren't getting the appropriate care they need and often need to see 20 physicians before they get a diagnosis !
91%
 (11) 
Yes
8%
 (1) 
No
0%
 (0) 
Not Sure
0%
 (0) 
12 Members voted
Hi GF!!

I can't comment on the CFS disease - but I couldn't bypass this poll without commenting.

TOTALLY - with all my digging on thyroid issues - I DO BELIEVE whole-heartedly that thyroid patients suffer especially with the TSH lab reference ranges.

I do think the CDC has gotten there hands dirty in thyroid disorders too.

Thursday Morning rant!!! -  
Ah, that good centuries old 'dirty' word POLITICS controls every part of our lives since eons ago.  I totally agree with you about CDC, and other organizations which shall remain nameless (wink) are doing to us ME/CFSers, FMSers, and other chronic illness are very disturbing too to say the list.

Have a great day........

.
I agree with you and this is why (links included below):

You know what the latest CDC stunt is with CFS ? They want to spend their money trying to prevent it and they've done some nasty things lately.... trying to link childhood abuse to CFS. Well I wasn't abused as a child, so they need to get back to work. LOL !I think they already know about this illness... despite the fact that they weren't the ones who came up with the blood test and made the most important discoveries about CFS. They didn't even investigate bacterial infections in CFS patients !

I think their hands are dirty. If they weren't, we would have more answers.

Some excerpts from "Beating Lyme Disease" by David A. Jernigan, Ph.D. :

"According to a study by the CDC the number of Americans with low iodine has quadrupled in the last 25 years". * (source below)

"Dr. Bernard Jenson, D.C., Ph.D., found that the iodized table salt, which is superheated so that it can pour more easily, is a poor form of iodine for the body."

*Some excerpts from "Beating Lyme Disease" by David A. Jernigan, Ph.D. :

* Iodine Nutrition in the United States. Trends and Public Health Implications: Iodine Excretion Data from National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys I and III --- The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism

--- The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism

http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2007/9789241595827_eng.pdf
http://www.thyroid.org/professionals/publications/statements/documents/ATAIodineRec.pdf
There is no doubt in my mind that it is political.  There is also little doubt that these diseases are likely due to something that has been bio-engineered.  Experimental testing with human population has been going on since WWI.  I strongly feel that they (govt.) are well aware of what is causing these illnesses and how to treat them.  They will continue to deny that which will come back to bite them (just as they did with Gulf War Syndrome and continue to do with FMS/CFS/Lyme/Morgellon's and the rest).