Fibromyalgia Community
Poll for Members' With Fibro

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Poll for Members' With Fibro

I was just wondering how many of you would support a "Living with FIBRO/CFS" board ?  I know there are so many similarities with our conditions and many people who have fibro often have signs of CFS and vice versa.

Please let me know what you think and if you guys would like another board, then we can notify Med Help.
This board is not very active.  I don't know if it's because it is fairy new or what.  immunesupport.com is very active for both CFS/FMS if anyone is interested.

Hi Patsy,

I'm familiar with immunesupport.com --- thank God for websites that educate people on fairly new and controversial (although after reading the research, I'm not sure why) conditions.

I hope eventually we could get a CFS/FIBRO --- possibly MCS board here. I know that there are an estimated 1 million people in this country (CDC) who have CFS and 80% of them have not been diagnosed. There are approximately 8 million people with fibro --- not sure how many people have MCS but MCS is common in many CFS patients'.
Maybe this forum will pick up in time.  The neuro one is very active.  I wonder if few people know it's even here.

Would you mind listing some of your CFS symtpoms?  My symptoms are way more than just fibro.  Just wonder if some are CFS.  I looked up ME and I sure do fit that bill too...

Thanks,

Patsy

Hi Patsy,

I think I've had undiagnosed CFS for many years, but I can't pinpoint when I first "got it". When I was a teenager, I was ill with mono and then another condition immediately afterwards. After that, I had allergy problems and numerous infections. It seemed like I was in the Urgent Care almost every other week and all they could do for me is prescribe antibiotics (boy do I know better now !). My first initial symptoms that I can remember were allergies, fatigue, muscle aches, feeling like cement blocks were attached to my legs, short term memory problems and then later on... unrefreshing sleep, severe headaches, heart palpitations, shortness of breath & gastrointestinal problems. Years later... food intolerances, adrenal problems, dizziness, POTS, trouble concentrating, weakness & joint pain --- and this is when I started getting high ANA titers of 1:640. I've also had numbness on occasion. Its a terrible illness, but the research is there. CFS affects your endocrine, nervous and immune system and that is why this illness is so complicated and why there are so many symptoms. In addition, Dr. Paul Cheney has been doing research on CFS patients and diastolic cardiomyopathy. I know the last time they took my BP, they couldn't hear my diastolic number.

I am still on the MP --- I still have a ways to go, but can tell that I'm making progress. I'll keep you posted if you want.

Yes, keep me posted.  I assume you mean Marshall protocol???  I've read about it and would like to try it myself.  The problem is getting a doctor to go along with it.

Hi Patsy,

On the Marshall Protocol's website's (General Board), you can post and request for one of the Moderator's to send you a private message (on the board) of physicians' who practice the MP in your area.

There are more fibro patients' joining the MP now and tons of CFS patients'. Of course many of the CFS have fibro symptoms as well. Hityty (she posts here often) is also doing better. She sent me an e-mail recently.

please dont leave this fibro bord its all i have it makes me feel better to know that other ppl have the same symptoms i do to now im not crazy makes me feel better>!

Thank God for the internet !  = )
I'm not sure which website it is.....I found more than one.  Can you tell me which one to look at when I do a google search.  Thanks
I myself went to the neuro board first because these new symptoms I have been having are of the neurological type.  I have fibro myself, and am really starting to think I have CFS also.  My quality of life has really dropped in the past few weeks with these new symptoms, and I am glad to have found a board to talk with people.  PlateletGal actually told me about this board and gave me some good advice, so thank you.  I would definitely support a fibro/CFS board if it was started.  Are there any people in the Memphis, TN area that would be interested in starting a small support group for moms living and young women living with fibro/CFS?  If so, let me know, and maybe we could arrange something.
I too have been struggling with many of the s/s of fibro and CFS. I was only recently diagnosed with the fibromyalgia after seeing a visiting specialist. Prior to my diagnosis of fibro, I had spent the last 5 years trying to convince doctors that I wasn't crazy and to look for the underlying cause to my multitude of symptoms... In the process I have now been diagnosed with sjogrens, mixed collagen vascular disease, and osteoarthritis of my spine and extremeties.

I have recently had an increase in problems with my heart, specifically palpitations PAC's/PVC's, which the doctors are now contributing to the MCVD due to a jump in my ANA over the past 3 months from 1:80 to 1:640 with no explanation!

I am still learning about fibromyalgia and what it means for me and my family but I am eternally grateful to find people such as yourselves who are willing to post your comments, questions and concerns here. It's nice to have somewhere to go where you don't have to worry that people might think your crazy when you tell them what's wrong with you! LOL

I fully support a new board that is geared specifically toward supporting the normal, wait... I am really starting to hate that word... the average people like us who just want to have their concerns heard and validated by someone else who knows what we're talking about... It would also be great for people like me who are newbies to this daignosis and worried about what it means in terms of treatment and lifestyle changes... I agree with jenn38018 about wanting some more information for moms and the younger generations dealing with this often overlooked illness. I myself currently have 7 children at home ranging in age from 15-1. I am constantly searching for someone who understands my frustration as a mom not being able to give 110% because of always being so run down... Jenn if you ever want to vent, talk, whatever, feel free to message me and we xan swap email addresses or something.

Thanks again PlateletGal for all your helpful insight in these forums... You are an invaluable resource!

PS, what is the Marshal Protocol???
I think this is a Great tool. Because of this board I was able to get things rolling for me, I have been going to the doctor for 10yrs now...But after coming to this message board I decided to make a list of everything that I have ever felt and the list was 2 pages long...Now a lot of the symptoms were symptoms that my doctor was aware of but I guess complaining of 1 or 2 things at a time its easy for him to explain...The fatigue is my chief complaint but this flair up was like everything from the fatigue to the neck pain shoulder pain, back pain , pain in the elbows, legs, chest wall discomfort when breathing , headaches , severe menstrual pain , skin sensitive to touch, emotionally sensitive. I have for the past 3years had a positive ANA my doctor said that could from a number of things but never suggested to me to see a Rheumatalogist  he said we have to wait it out and see what symptoms services. Until this last flair up when I took my list to him...He also ran a lot of lab test to rule out certain things that can make me feel fatigue(diabetes,lack of potassium ,lack of B-12 ) every thing came back good He felt before he did the lab that I have  Fibromyalgia...So my next step is the Rheumatalogist . I can't work , I have to plan my life around my menstrual time because their bad, or a flair up...so its hard to make commitments because on a good day I say sure I'll be their not expecting for the day to come and I' battling a flair up.
So I think these message forums are Excellent tool I really appreciate them.
I just recently found this website, one day last week, after researching neuropathy.  Then I saw this forum for fibro. What a blessing. I have been reading all the posts and I hope this will be a help to us all. Maybe those of us who just read should post so that you all know we are here. i enjoy all of you!
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had a chat room in this forum for fibro? Just a thought.

I agree. I have CFS, but the two conditions often share many of the same symptoms and many CFS patients' end up with some fibro symptoms and vice versa.

I think the reason why CFS & fibro patients' are so outspoken online is because many of us spent years waiting for a diagnosis -- these conditions can be disabling and interfere with our daily activities -- some physicians' have totally ignored our symptoms and disrespected patients'...and many physicians' don't know much about these conditions and the majority of them do not keep up with the latest research.

This is a good place to share information to make sure that all of us are getting the information we need to make sure we are getting the best treatment.

I am new, so I want to say Hi everyone!  I have a long post I put up there describeing my "stuff".

There is a couple of things I wanted to mention though, that I have been trying for about a month and a half.  The high dose Malic Acid/Magnesium thing is nothing new.  I just finaly started doing Malic after 12 years of this mess.  I have been doing Magnesium all along.  I guess I avoided the Malic because I was looking for a cure and didn't really view Malic as a part of that concept.  Ignorance, because as I am finding out, at least in my symptoms, it is helping.

I still believe that although these symptoms are so many and varied, that somehow there is a central issue.  If researched hard enough, it is a recorded fact that the first 8 diagnosed cases of CFS was in the 80's in Incline Village Nevada.  In the 80's I was a Plumbing and Heating technician in Incline Village Nevada, going in and out of countless residences.  Might be just a coincidence, but a couple of years after that I came down with something that was like a case of the flu from hell that hit me regardless of the fact I was taking 15 grams a day of Vitamin C at the time, and lasted for 3 weeks.  I suspect it was some form of Mono type virus and my energy levels and stress states seemed to be on the slow decline from then on, until the crash in 1995 and my mental and physical health has been a rollercoaster wreck ever since.

My personal belief is there is something at the center of this, and the reason they cannot find it is because for one thing, it is buried under onion like layers of other problems.  And it might also be because it is intrinsic and buried in what is considered to be a normal lifestyle in our age.  It doesn't hit everyone, because everyone is not made vulnerable.  But it is reaching epidemic like levels and that indicates there is something out there that is built into the system of modern life right now that is considered normal.

Enough of that.  I did want to mention as i did in my "my stuff" posting that I am trying out a new therapy on myself.  An awful lot of these symptoms involved in CFS and FM resemble something striking to me, and which seem to frequently evolve into other issues, like Neuropathy and Fibrosis, which are also striking in similarity.  The first is the concept of stagnation and the other circulatory problems and oxygenation.  So I am trying out the liver flushing routine which if anyone is interesting in looking at it, you can find countless pages on Liver Stagnation searches.  I am also pouring a ton of systemic enzymes into myself, which are "supposedly" supposed to do great things at restoring the heart and circulation, besides fighting inflamation (inflammation) and fibrin problems.  I noticed that allot of women with CFS or FM tend to have Fibroid tumor problems.  My sister has terrible FM and Nueropathy and she had a Fibroid the size of a grapefruit removed and about 20 more smaller ones.  I don't think this FM and fibroid tumor issue in women is any coincidence and maybe enzyme therapy is a option that could be allot of help in allot of different areas.

I will keep posting if the enzyme therapy and stagnation flushing seems to get me anywhere.  So far it is doing something because a whole bunch of skin problems that showed up about 6 years ago are almost gone since I started doing it.  Hopefully this is also impacting allot of stuff inside I am not aware of.

I'm sorry --- I just now saw your question addressed to me. The Marshall Protocol is a research protocol that treats many conditions, including CFS & Fibromyalgia. The medications are not research medications and it is something that your physician could prescribe. If you use a search engine, you could easily find their website and check it out to see if it is right for you. I can tell you that I recently took a 2 week break from the protocol and got to see how much progress I've made. The only thing about the protocol that it takes years. To me, it is worth it.

I totally agree with your comments about something in our "today's" world that is causing this epidemic of CFS and fibromyalgia.  Did I mention earlier I also have rheumatoid?  Something interesting, I'll make a bet that everyone on this forum started with flu-like illness.  I had epstein barr infection for about 3 weeks, was terribly ill. I haven't been symptom free since that time in 1985.  On thing i want to note, I think fibro and rheumatoid (some rheumatoid's) are connected with infections.  I recently got a book about antibiotic therapy for rheumatoid arthritis. My dr was willing to try it on me, once he read the chapters I dog-eared for him.  I stayed on the therapy for 4 months before having to stop because of stomach problems.  Of interest, my fibromyalgia symptoms all but vanished.  Also, I had some female surgery about a year ago, prior to my surgery date I developed pneumonia. Not wanting to post-pone my surgery my dr gave me high doses of IV antibiotics.  I have never felt better in my life.  You all can research this if you want to, just google antibiotics for rheumatoid arthritis, you will find posts in there about fibro patients as well using this therapy.  I still go on the antibiotics if I'm planning a trip or a special occasion up and coming. Just wanted you all to know. I don't think it was an accident that both times my fibro nearly all but vanished while on antibiotics. What do you guys think?
"On thing i want to note, I think fibro and rheumatoid (some rheumatoid's) are connected with infections. "

I agree with you 100%. You should considering going online and checking out the Marshall Protocol's success stories for both fibro and rheumatoid arthritis. If I remember right, one lady was 95% better after being treated on the protocol for RA.
I got a positive Epstein Barr test also.  Which I guess in itself doesn't mean much since "they" say the majority of people will show antibodies to Epstein in their lifetime.  But maybe that 3 week case of hell flu was it.
I can see the Marshall Protocol working.  My gut just tells me its virus, pathogen, bacteria, something like that that keeps it rolling.  My fibro symptoms and fatigue have dramaticaly reduced in the last month and a half.  I have been taking huge amounts of systemic enzymes, which are supposed to have one effect of making virus's, pathogens and bacteria much more vulnerable to our own immune system killing them.  And I know I have had several episodes of die off sickness doing this.  Its costing me about 250 dollars a month to play with this high of a load of systemic enzymes.

The one symptom that is just driving me crazy though is this chest wall and sternum and inbetween the rib pain.  Its better, I can say that, but its the one symptom that is keeping me taking pain killers and muscle relaxers.  I went off them for a day to see if the enzymes would handle it alone yet, and it was a big negative.  My head and focus was sure clear though with the drugs out of my system for a day though and my energy level was normal.
Hi, I don't understand the question.  I thought this forum was the CFS/FM forum and living with it certainly could be one of the topics brought up.  Are boards something else?  It would be nice if there were an answer forum written by a doctor.  This illness has so much misconception and lack of information around it, that it could help.

There isn't enough activity here to post a whole another area for the topic yet.

MedHelp just recently changed this forums name. I posted something like this in their suggestion forum, so now this is no longer the "fibromyalgia" forum only.
Do you folks know about the stanford clinical trial for Valcyte with Dr. Montoya?  He has cured a number of patients from CFS with this very strong anti viral drug. I have CFS/Fibro and very high antibody titer for HHV6, EBV, Parvo virus, and HSV. I do think viruses and a weak immune system in which more pathogens invade is at the core.  Perhaps because of environmental factors, peoples immune systems were weak and let the viruses in to begin with. In any case, I will be starting a 6 month treatment of the Valcyte in a few weeks.  People who have been cured have been very sick on the drug because of virus die off.  There are some very active forums for people with CFS/Fibro and also for people trying out the valcyte.  They are Prohealth, the HHV6 foundation, and Stanford Valcyte Trial forums.  It is very helpful to talk to other people with similar symtoms (symptoms), especially when they find something that helps.

Hi ocelopili,

I do know about Montoya's trial and had my physician check my HHV6 titers. If the protocol I'm on now doesn't work.... I can use that drug as a back-up later on.  I know the anti-viral drug he is using is very strong and he has to closely monitor all of his patients' and check their labs weekly. Dr. Podell has some information on this on his website and Dr. Mark Shaw has information on this drug trial as well. Since we can't give links, you can find Shaw's article by googling "What Causes FMS & CFS" + "Mark Shaw" + "Part 2"  --- it is the second part of the article.

THIS MAY SOUND SILLY, BUT DOES ANYONE SMOKE?   I JUST STOPPED SMOKING AFTER
32 YEARS AND MY PAIN LEVELS HAVE GONE DOWN BY 50%.  FM IS A VERY STRESSFUL
CONDITION AND FROM WHAT I HAVE READ, MOST CAN TRACE BACK THEIR SYMTOMS (symptoms)
TO CHILDHOOD DISEASE/TRAUMA.  I STARTED SMOKING AT AGE 14 AND IT IS UNBIELEABLE
HOW MUCH BETTER I FEEL AFTER 25 DAYS NICOTINE FREE.  I AM CERTAIN NICTOINE AND
ALL THE POISONS IN CIGS HAD ALOT TO DO WITH SOME OF MY PHYSICAL PROBLEMS.      
AND BY THE WAY, HOW DO YOU ALL SIT IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER TYPING AND USING
THE MOUSE?  THIS IS SOOOO PAINFUL TO SIT HERE SO STILL.

I don't smoke. I don't have Fibro though... I have CFS.
I smoked at age 14 until 21 and also my mother smoked when she was pregnant with me and while nursing me.  I also grew up in a very abusive situation with a rageaholic father who hit me constantly.  I was given alot of antibiotics for my chronic cough as a child (didnt anyone figure it was from second hand smoke?), and also allergy shots.
All this set me up for a disaster of an immune system.  At age 18, I had viral meningits which reoccured 4 more times over 25 years.  I also was found to have high antibody titers to HHV6,
EBV, Parvo virus and C.pneumonia.  The virus causing the meningitis was an HSV virus, a simple cold virus that, instead of a cold sore, went into the nerves of my spine and infects my brain.  Hows that for a messed up immune system.  I will be starting Valcyte under Dr. Montoya soon...but going back to the original cause, it was a disasterous childhood that never allowed my immune system and nervous system to develope in a healthy way, and yes, Im sure cigarrettes contributed to that among other things as well.  Going back farther than that...who knows why we are born into these kinds of situations and others are not?????? All I can say now is that I am dealing with all this, have left my job, I still managed to work as a teacher for many years with all of this as I am a fighter, but finally got on disability now and will devote all of my energy to getting better.  I have FM/CFS from all of this, but I am still alive so there is hope.  Heres to all the survivors out there!!!!

Platelet gal- thanks for your response.  Yes dr. Montoya will oversee the valcyte but my regular dr. will oversee the blood tests weekly and I will visit dr. montoya once a month.  I am a little nervous about the amount of illness people are experiencing on this drug and trying to set up a support system since I live alone. I have rigged up my computer over my bed and now can write laying down.
Frida Kahlo did it with painting, so I will do it with computers.  Its nice to have a connection with others going through this, even though I may not be able to get out of bed on some days. I will be checking the other sites as well.  Stay in touch!
"I am a little nervous about the amount of illness people are experiencing on this drug and trying to set up a support system since I live alone."

Valcyte is a pretty powerful drug, but I've read that Dr. Montoya is monitoring his patients' closely. I wish you the BEST OF LUCK with this research protocoll. Please let me know the outcome !!
Thank you for your response to my smoking post.  Your comment on needing antibiotics as a child was like a light going off.  I too needed those meds for chronic ear/kidney infections until my adnoids
were removed at age 5.  I was sexually abused by my alchoholic father and my mother took out her
rage and frustration with a belt and especially liked to slap across the face.  I have always been extra
sensitive to pain (this wasn't believed of course) which I just read today on an FM site is called "Allodynia" .  I am brand new to the internet and have only begun researching FM as well as
"Borderline Personality Disorder".  I also read today on that same site that smoking will cause more pain for a variety of reasons.  My response is slow because I didn't know how to check my e-mail and I also don't know how to post w/o it showing up the way it did the first time.  Lower case like this
maybe?  I had no idea these sort of chat rooms existed and now for the first time I don't feel like I'm
crazy.  I am on week 6 smoke free and I have to say I feel very wound up and have alot of trouble
sleeping and thinking straight and since I cannot sit still I seem to have more muscle pain than before because I am cleaning the house constantly. I need to find a doctor whose specialty is FM.  I dont know if that is a Neurologist or Rheumatologist.  
  If I am rambling please forgive-I think I also have an anxiety disorder.  I now remember why I
began smoking in the first place because I felt exactly like this as a child and young teen.  I thought if I quit smoking and eliminated the pain meds I would feel better, but I think I was wrong and didn't understand how FM worked or how permanent it is.  Oh and I also have DDD in my cervical and
thoracic as well as herniated discs.  How do you know which problem is the REAL problem?
OK try again.  I have seen you on other sites or responding to others on this site and you seem very
knowledgable so I would love to hear from you.  This is such an AMAZING tool, I only discovered this
a few weeks ago (chat rooms and the internet period) and I am in awe at all the information at hand.
I am still trying to figure out how to post w/o it breaking up.  Your laying down to use the computer?  
I wonder how that works?
That comment to PlateletGal re: laying down to use the computer was obviously for you.  I'll get this
right.  I am certainly completly stressed out now so I should stop and go to bed.  
Check aggressively into Lyme Disease with an Infectious Disease Doctor literate in Lyme Disease.  FM can be cause by Lyme or a misdiagnosis thereof.  I am currently in the process of the whole Lyme situation after having been diagnosed with FM 2+ yrs ago.  I have suffered severely for over 6 yrs and progressively have gotten REAL bad, (currently on Fentanyl patches).   I am just curious if that might point you in the right direction. Good Luck & let me know!

I agree with you about the lyme testing. I did hear something interesting though last week about lyme disease. I can't remember the source, but they said that if you've have had lyme disease for a long time, then you will never test positive for lyme disease. I do know that both Fibro and CFS patients' have had bacteria detected (mycoplasma) in their tissues. That probably explains why a fibro tissue bank recently was set up in Phoenix, AZ.
HOW DID YOU QUIT SMOKING????  
I quit for 3 weeks recently to help my cervical dis fusion. Then went right back. I find it almost impossible to quit, once quit for 3 years, then went back., I know that it does increase the pain. It contracts your blood vessels, so you aren't getting oxygen to your cells. Amazing that the surgeon general advises quitting smoking, and the government subsidizes tobacco farmers. Fibro sucks.
"I totally agree with your comments about something in our "today's" world that is causing this epidemic of CFS and fibromyalgia."

I agree with you guys as well. I know that physicians' are looking into global warming, vaccinations and other possible causes of immune dysfunction.

Grailhunter : you said you tested positive for EPV and yes it its in everyone system but at high levels and if it's not going away its usually Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I told my dr for years how fatigued I was year after year until 11/2005 I went in and told  her I was dying. (I'm 32 (at the time) have 3 kids I've always been really active worked out, had a job)... but I feel like I'm dying. So she ran a bunch of blood work and one for Eppstein Barr and it came back high like 200, and then we re-took it in 4 weeks. Just incase it was reactivated mono. Came back 195 super high. There are only two reasons for it reactivated mono and CFIDS - I knew I had CFDS.

I immediately went to the Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center www.fibroandfatigue.com and they did a whole work up of blood somewhere around 50 tests. Anything from EBV, lyme, candida, lupus, hormones- checking everything to make the most educated decision.

I was most impressed, and by the fourth visit most people have marked impovements. I'm a bit harder case to crack but I stayed there for about a year always getting great care. They do mostly holistic metheds for treatments and IV therapies. Heberal suppliments and use a compounding rx for others items needed. Worth looking into for one in your area since they specialize completely on these illnesses!

Everyone is different but I wanted to mention my cousin uses a product called Sami for his Fibro and changed his enviornment completely by moving and has gone totally vegan and has improved by 90% in like a 2 month period.    

My EBV titers were off the charts. I know the CDC says that if you have EBV and still have chronic fatigue (not to mention that other symptoms) for at least 6 months, then you should talk to your physician about CFIDS.

I haven't tried that SamE product yet.... I can't now because I'm on this research protocol, but after I finish the protocol, I plan on going back to my Naturopath.
Well I've had the diagnosis since 11/05 and even my dr. feels its been a lot longer in hind sight. We had just kept trying things year after year, she kept telling me your life is so busy you have a family...... It took me telling her: "I feel like I'm dying"...then she really goes to work and I find out in a week.  CFS

Managing myself: So its trial and error. But I seem to really have a hard time still judging my energy and knowing when to back off even after 2 years. I have 3 kids oldest is 12 so she is a huge help, than 8 year old and my youngest is 4. Obviously your pushing, pushing daily to meet mom demand.

What things are you all really changing to make a difference in your energy and strength?

Cause if I feel good and it's sunny out, I'm strapping the kids bikes to the rack and we head for a trail and ride a little while or go for a walk..............Then not feeling well strikes again.

I know I need to rest and to not over do so I can get better, but I also don't have the luxury of getting to push a pause button on the remote to stop time so that their lives just don't pass me by!

Anyone else have kids, what works well for you?

Sorry everyone,  I repeated myself a bit in first paragraph from my last post. I didn't realize it was so close.  :)
Hi, Im back again after a little break..........
It was too painful for me to be on my computer sitting up for any length of time so I got an Air Desk and a laptop and rigged it up over my bed so I can type laying down with my elbows propped up on some pillows.  Its a little precarious but does wonders for my back pain and keeps me connected with people even though I am laying down.
FMX smoker...I quit the first time before I was sick, I was practicing yoga and meditation and smoking gave me a migraine.  Then I started again years later when I was living in Mexico for a few years and surrounded by smokers.  This time, I took wellbutrin, used the patches and listened to the tapes and was able to quit, although I was still smoking in my dreams for quite awhile afterwards. Its been 10 years and smoke free now, although I do have a chronic cough which I attibute to smoking in Mexico city with all of the pollution.  I also have c. Pneumonia antibodies...high titers..which I am sure contributes to that.
Wish I had never done it, I was surrounded by smokers as a child.  Now I am just trying to get a handle on my life again but am very sick and cant do much. I will start the Valcyte on Sunday. I am a little nervous about how it is going to affect me but have set up a support system and all I can do is hope for a cure!
I have C. Pneumonia antibodies myself and I'm not a smoker but my parents smoked around me as a child but for only a couple of years, before they caught on to the not smoking with your kids around. They both had quit by the time I was 4. Now 34 no one around me does but I did a bit of social smoking in high school. My Dr. gave me the impression that C. Pneumonia I could've gotten it from anywhere, it’s breathed in.

I cough occasionally only when I deep belly laugh and then it sound like a real nasty cough. I never had that before I got a cold about 5 years ago and so did my kids and we all were using a Nebulizer for that cough 3 of us were borderline Pneumonia. But it wasn't until Oct. 05 that I diagnosed with CFIDS and Fibro. I have a high EBV number too and wasn't sure if you have that as well. Do you feel the C. Pneumonia is from when you lived in Mexico?

I keep thinking that if we can find a link that most of us have had contact with that may be the cause of all these people like us who suffer from an illness that seems so unknown at times.  
Hi, I dont know where I got the C.Pnuemonia (pneumonia). I think if we had healthy immune systems, we would not be sick from these things.  But its like the chicken and the egg...did a broken down immune system (environmental and emotional factors) lead to all these viral infections or did a viral infection cause subsequent poor immunity which led to more viruses????...I guess it doesnt matter that much now if they found all those viruses, we have to find a way to reduce them and strengthen our immunity. I have a cough but that has not been the main focus since I have had 5 rounds of meningitis, DDD and suffer from debilitating back pain. It all seems to be part of a larger complex of a malfunctioning immune system and breakdown of functions of the body. I also have very high EBV number among other viruses that were found. I am trying out Valcyte now, I am on the second day. I feel it very burning in my body. I only have 5 months and 28 days left on this drug!! Wish you luck in finding a cure!!!!

"but have set up a support system and all I can do is hope for a cure!"

That's wonderful and I wish you the best with this trial. Keep us posted if you can.

Eventhough I am writing this to PlateletGal....this is to everyone who has Fibro and all the "wonderful" little side effects that goes along with it. While this information isn't a question..It IS very important to all those who have to deal with this day in and day out...I am 39 yrs old and have had Fibro for as long as I can remember...At least since i was 10. I deal with the Chronic Fatigue, body aches, IBS, Diabetes, etc, etc, etc, all the "joys" of the dis-ease. Now, both of my children (age 13 and 16) are showing signs of having Fibro. When that started happening, I got really serious about finding the "why" behind all this madness! I am now very very excited about a book that I found that FINALLY...gives me answers that i never got from Dr.s before!!....Questions like....WHY do My children and I have this? (why me?)...and how do I live with it....but most importantly.. is there a way to get rid of it?.....I am happy to say that I did get answers! The answer was YES!...there is a way to help get rid of....or lessen the ravages of this dis-ease!...I have been reading the book..."The pH Miracle" by Robbert O. Young and Shelly Redford Young...What he has to say will change not only your way of life...but the way you think about certian foods. (and yes, there are some you probably wont want to change but you should lol) I have had more results with this "treatment" than ANY other...because it is all natural..it is something that everyone can do! (without high Dr. bills haha!) if nothing else..you may find the answers that I did on Why we hurt the way we do....and what can we do to help it. My energy lvls have gone up...my blood sugar lvls have become normal, and my thinking is clearer and "fibro-flares" are all but a thing of the past! Best ever though is that my children are doing better and I am seeing a major change in them =)...Please..., If you are like I was....looking but not finding any real answers...Get the book!...It can change your lives!

May God Bless you All !

"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, is nothing compaired to what lies within us!"

"The pH Miracle" by Robbert O. Young and Shelly Redford Young...

Hi Sandy,

I have been there and done that one ! I purchased their Super Greens and spent over $300 on their products. They certainly helped with detoxing, but didn't solve the problem for me.
Eliminating foods will often help but it isn't necessarily a ph balance thing.  Are there any foods you cut out all together, like dairy?  What have your major changes been?

It's great!! that this is helping you.  I'd like to understand further and my instinct is that it's a food elimination thing.  Of course, what's good about that for you, is that you might be able to eat more options and keep the same improvements.

Are you using products too as plateletgal did?