Fibromyalgia Community
Positive SS-B

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Positive SS-B

I have been going to a Rheumatologist for 3 years with check ups every 6 months. My first visit I had a positive ANA result. After retesting it was negative but my Sjogren's Anitbody SS-B was 3.1 positive. The range for negitive is <1.0. Every 6 months I get blood drown and the SS-B keeps getting more out of range. I am now at 3.5. My SS-A test is normal. I am wondering when I should start getting concerned with the increase value of the SS-B results and what it actually means?
I have a positive SSB. It is my feeling that we have Sjogrens but need not worry until we cannot control the individual symptoms of this autoimmune disease.
The pain in my hands and burning eyes are my only symptoms so far.
No dry mouth unless I'm sick or exhausted. No swollen glands at the back of my jaw. So I can have peace where it is so far.
You can be a nervous wreck watching the numbers.
Best wishes and rest to stay strong.