Aa
A
A
Close
Pregnant, fibromyalgia and Methadone.
I am 21 weeks pregnant, and have had fibromyalgia for over 11 years. I have been taking Soma and Percocet for 10 years. Now that I am pregnant, doctors want me to switch those meds. over to Methadone. That scares the crap out of me so I declined. I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not and would like to know if there is any one out there in the same boat as me? Right now, I am weaning from the soma and Percocet and it is very hard because I am in alot of pain but feel like I don't have any options. What should I do?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1490116 tn?1304820737
Hi hurt- I have had fm for seven years and have been in a low dose of methadone for about a year now. It reallyhas been the only thing that has helped my pain but everyone is different. I take 5 mg in morning 5 in afternoon. I could take more but I choose not to bc one thing that I have learned is the withdrawals from this drug are not fun so I keep my dose as low as possible.

There is a girl in the pain management site here who just went through pregnancy with the same issues, u may want to post there. God bless.

Inga
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources