Pregnant, fibromyalgia and Methadone.
I am 21 weeks pregnant, and have had fibromyalgia for over 11 years. I have been taking Soma and Percocet for 10 years. Now that I am pregnant, doctors want me to switch those meds. over to Methadone. That scares the crap out of me so I declined. I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not and would like to know if there is any one out there in the same boat as me? Right now, I am weaning from the soma and Percocet and it is very hard because I am in alot of pain but feel like I don't have any options. What should I do?
Hi hurt- I have had fm for seven years and have been in a low dose of methadone for about a year now. It reallyhas been the only thing that has helped my pain but everyone is different. I take 5 mg in morning 5 in afternoon. I could take more but I choose not to bc one thing that I have learned is the withdrawals from this drug are not fun so I keep my dose as low as possible.

There is a girl in the pain management site here who just went through pregnancy with the same issues, u may want to post there. God bless.

Inga