Prof. Garth Nicolson Answering Questions for MedHelp Members
Hi Everyone,

Prof. Garth Nicolson, founder of the Institute for Molecular Medicine in Huntington Beach, CA will be here tomorrow from 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Pacific Time) answering questions from MedHelp members on the role infections play in chronic illnesses and treatments for these infections.

You can start posting your questions right now.... check out the first link below. Although it says, "autoimmune disorders" forum, Prof. Nicolson will be answering questions on the role infections play and various treatments for ADD/ADHD, Autism, Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Asperger's Syndrome, Chohn's Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Hashimoto's, Sjogren's Syndrome, Reiter's Syndrome, Graves Disease, Gulf War Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Lyme Disease and cancer metatasis.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Autoimmune-Disorders/show/358

About Dr. Nicolson:

http://www.medhelp.org/doctor_profiles/show/642304
Woohoo...this is GRAND!!!  I am so happy to have an expert whom can answer all the questions we have concerning immune diseases.  I know I have several (so i'll try to span them out, lol).  

This is quite exciting and i'm so glad Dr. Nicolson has taken the time to join MedHelp and assist us with his knowledge and skills.

I am thrilled as well !!  I think it is important to know which infections are found in both fibro and CFS and how those infections can be treated. I know that mycoplasma is a huge one and this is an infection that I've had and am being treated for. Treatment is slow, but I had made so much progress. As a result, my blood pressure is now stable. My intolerance to gluten has disappeared and my allergies are less severe in general (although still a problem). And for the first time in over 15 years, my periods are NORMAL. I was told that on these pathogen killing treatments, that eventually my hormones would adjust. I was skeptical, but it is true !!!!

I know that Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum discusses mycoplasma infections in his revised book "From Fatigued to Fantastic". Of course Dr. Teitelbaum has CFS himself (or should I say had ?) and is one of the leading CFS and fibromyalgia experts.